Problem establishing WebDAV support

Questions and information regarding TeamDrive supported WebDAV servers - Fragen und Informationen zu von TeamDrive unterstützten WebDAV-Servern

Problem establishing WebDAV support

Postby heilpern » 24 Aug 2010, 23:25

I'm trying to get webdav support working and I'm running into a problem that I don't understand.

My server is Fedora 13, and I've configured it to support webdav through apache, based on the instructions at http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-set-up-webdav-with-apache2-on-fedora-11. The bottom of that page includes isng the Linux "cadaver" command-line webdav client to test with, and that works for me.

My client is Win7/64, running TeamDrive 2.2.144. I've added my credentials and webdav URL, and when I hit "Next" TeamDrive goes through its compatibility testing. It gets past tests 1 and 2, but apparently it is failing test 3. (After starting test 3, the webdav directory on my server contains a new subdirectory, "WebDAVKompatibilitaetstest".)

Is there anything I can do on my end to get WebDav support working, or do I just have to hope either a future Apache upgrade will fix this, or a future TeamDrive one will?

Thanks...
heilpern

Re: Problem establishing WebDAV support

Postby Detlef Schmuck » 25 Aug 2010, 10:52

Hi, there are a few operation which need to be supported by your WebDAV server in order to fully support TeamDrive.

Please read the information in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=515

In some cases the WebDAV configurations do not support the "move" command or the "head"-verification. Both is needed by TeamDrive.

Hope this helps.
-detlef
Detlef Schmuck
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to WebDAV Server - WebDAV-Server