Need online account when using personal WebDAV server?

Questions and information regarding TeamDrive supported WebDAV servers - Fragen und Informationen zu von TeamDrive unterstützten WebDAV-Servern

Need online account when using personal WebDAV server?

Postby hhschmidt » 04 Aug 2011, 13:01

I am maintaining my own WebDAV Server. I do not intend to use the TeamDrive Cloud space.
Now I want to connect a TeamDrive Client (Windows) to my WebDAV server.
And I am running into this question:

It seems that I need to have an active account on the public teamdrive.com server to be able to start my Windows-PC client.
IOW: when I start the local teamdrive-client, the first thing that I need to do is either create a new account or provide credentials for an existing account. Clicking CANCEL in this dialog closes the local application alltogether - there seems to be no way around this online registration process.
... but I really do not intend to use the cloud-services at all, I just wanted to use my personal WebDAV server.
-> so do I really need to have a regular account at teamdrive.com anyway? why?
-> is there a way to use the local teamdrive client with a local WebDAV server without any communication to the external teamdrive.com servers?

I appreciate your comments.
Henning
hhschmidt

Re: Need online account when using personal WebDAV server?

Postby volkeroboda » 09 Aug 2011, 23:28

Hi
after the registration you can use your own WebDAV server. The registration is necessary to store your public key on the Reg-Server. This allows you to invite others to your WebDAV server when you like.

Best regards

Volker
volkeroboda
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to WebDAV Server - WebDAV-Server