Sync Issue

Questions and information regarding TeamDrive supported WebDAV servers - Fragen und Informationen zu von TeamDrive unterstützten WebDAV-Servern

Sync Issue

Postby gavinjb » 09 Sep 2011, 15:06

Hi,

I have just installed TeamViewer, and after testing Sync of a few files I have added a folder and about 60 small files to sync, this is where the problem seams to have occured.

On the PC I have used to copy the files to my Watched Folder has reported that it has successfully copied the files to the Server, but when I look at the second machine even though it has finished the Sync there are several files with an .teamdrive (I think extension) which seems to indicate it has not finsihed the Sync of these files.

In the end I have moved the Files from the first folder and then moved them back and this time the Sync was successfull, does anyone know of a way to cause TeamDrive to check files when it has't fully Sync'd them to a PC.

UPDATE: Just had the same problem again and noticed that when I go into TeamDrive Client and borse the file there it shows the fileicon with a black dot in the right bottom corner of the file icon in the client (I can't find what this means in the manual).

Thanks,

Gavin,
gavinjb

Re: Sync Issue

Postby Detlef Schmuck » 22 Sep 2011, 19:26

".teamdrive" files in the file system mean that there is a file on the server which is not downloaded and pushed to the file system.
a black dot on the file in the TeamDrive Explorer means the same. The file is on the server but not locally available.

These messages a shown in the following cases:

- download in progress, not finished
- the space syncs only meta data

If that does not answer your question please contact tech support at TeamDrive.

- Detlef
Detlef Schmuck
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby fdignath » 04 Jun 2012, 11:06

Hi,

I have the same problem. Two of my files have the black circle and the extension .teamdrive (dot teamdrive).
Is there a possibility to make teamdrive sync them without going back to the first computer (which I have no access to at the moment)?

The sync-button doesn't do anything.
fdignath

Postby Detlef Schmuck » 04 Jun 2012, 11:13

Normally there is a very simple solution. Just select the missing file in the TeamDrive Explorer (File with a black dot) and "double-click" or open the file. That will start a download of the missing file.
Detlef Schmuck
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby fdignath » 04 Jun 2012, 13:19

That starts a very quick download (Status OK). However, nothing changes.

I guess, that means the upload didn't finish properly?
fdignath

Postby Cedric » 24 Sep 2012, 15:26

Hello.
I'm a new user of TeamDrive. We are trying the free licence, before purchasing a professional account for our compagny.
We are encountering the same problem on a space synchronised between four accounts. Two accounts have full access to the sync. files, et two other have black spot on every files, and therefore cannot access to the files via the windows explorer. We must double click on each files through the TeamDrive interface in order to access to them... Insofar there is multiple subfolders and files, it cannot be a solution for us.

Please could you provide an explanation, and (even better !) a solution ?

Thanks for your help.
Cedric

Postby Kenneth » 24 Sep 2012, 15:41

Have you tried right-clicking on the Space folder and selecting "Restore Missing Files"? This should work and all missing files should be restored and lose their black circle overlay.
Kenneth

Return to WebDAV Server - WebDAV-Server