WebDAV Server inhouse and external connection

Questions and information regarding TeamDrive supported WebDAV servers - Fragen und Informationen zu von TeamDrive unterstützten WebDAV-Servern

WebDAV Server inhouse and external connection

Postby nano » 08 Sep 2009, 14:10

Hi,

I would like to set up Teamdrive for a group of some persons that will work together on a project.

I have a WebDav Server in my LAN, create the inhouse WebDav entry in Teamdrive on my local (!) PC and everything is fine.

Then I installed Teamdrive on my laptop and registered as the same user. Everything works fine so far.

Then I sent an invitation to myself to connect for the same, new sharedspace to sync/work from my laptop. Even this was working fine - the sending.

BUT Teamdrive sent the internal Link with the internal IP Adresse of the Webdav-Server in the invitation. This obviously cant work via Internet.

I dont want to start a VPN and I dont want to work local via Internet.

What is the solution?

thanks patrick
nano

Re: WebDAV Server inhouse and external connection

Postby Detlef Schmuck » 08 Sep 2009, 19:11

Well, every client need to access the server.
The standard access method is the same URL for every client/member of your team.

We could certainly develop a multi URL access for you. This would give the client the choice of accessing your server locally or from outside, depending on a profile which you set for instance. This would be a custom development and you would have to pay this project.

Alternatively I believe there are routers in the market which could route your internal traffic to your server without going to the internet, even if you try to connect with the external URL.

Interesting concept. May be we will have more ideas to this.

Anyone another idea?

- Detlef
Detlef Schmuck
TeamDrive Team Member

Re: WebDAV Server inhouse and external connection

Postby nano » 10 Sep 2009, 09:08

Hi Detlef.

Thank you for your answer.

I'm wondering about this because this should be the main point of a software like Teamdrive, should'nt it?

Isn't it possible to change the IP directly in the file where the number is stored?

thanks again, Patrick
nano

Return to WebDAV Server - WebDAV-Server