1. If TeamDrive is running please quit TeamDrive completely: “TeamDrive 3” > “Quit TeamDrive 3”.
2. If you are not using the latest version of TeamDrive, please uninstall TeamDrive using the TeamDrive uninstaller located in the TeamDrive folder. Afterwards, proceed to step 7. If you are already using the latest version of TeamDrive please continue to step 3.
3. If you are already using the latest version of TeamDrive it is not necessary to uninstall TeamDrive. You will only need empty the contents of the TeamDrive ‘data’ folder. To do so, start by opening the Finder.
4. In the Finder window click on the ‘home’ icon.
5. From the menu select, “Go” > “Go to Folder…” or simply use the keyboard shortcut Shift + Apple + G. Go to the folder “.teamdrive”.
6. Empty the contents of the “.teamdrive” folder.
7. Locate your Spaces in your local file system. By default your Spaces are stored in Documents/Spaces. Once you have located your Spaces, rename all of your Spaces by adding “_old” to their existing names (e.g. “SpaceName_old”).
8. Start TeamDrive and enter your login credentials. After successfully logging in TeamDrive will initially be empty. This is normal. However, if you receive invitations to your old Spaces please proceed to step 11. Now you will reconnect TeamDrive with your Spaces.
***If you are using TeamDrive 4, please follow the instructions listed in the following forum post to reconnect to your Spaces: http://forum.teamdrive.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2751. If you are using TeamDrive 3, please continue with this guide.***
9. To reconnect TeamDrive to your Spaces you will need to perform at least one of the following.
- a. Import your Spaces via the Space backup files. Per default the backup files are located in “Documents/Spaces/Backups”. Backup files can be imported via the “Backup” section of the settings menu: “TeamDrive 3” > “Preferences” > “Backup” > sub-section “Backup” > “Import” > select all available backup files containing your username > “Open” > select the Spaces to be imported > “Import”.
b. Import your Spaces via the Key Repository. If the Key Repository is already turned on it is possible that you may have already received invitations to some of the Spaces you were last active in. If this is the case please proceed to step 11, otherwise Spaces can be imported from the Key Repository via the “Backup” section of the settings menu: “TeamDrive 3” > “Preferences” > “Backup” > sub-section “Key Repository” > “Import” > select the Spaces to be imported > “Import”.
c. Request invitations, from members who are still in the Space, to the Spaces you need to regain access to. Once you have received invitations to the necessary Spaces please proceed to step 11.
11. At the ‘Space join’ screen select “Advanced” > “Copy files from specified path”. Navigate to the path of corresponding Space you have already renamed in step 7, which exists in your local file system (e.g. “SpaceName_old”). Afterwards click “Join/Restore”.
12. Once the join/restore process has been completed you will now have normal access to your Space. The “SpaceName_old” folder will still be filled with data and occupy potentially valuable local disk Space. At this point, after a successful join, the “SpaceName_old” folder can be removed at will.