.td2/archiv hidden directory duplicates local sharedspace

Questions and information regarding the Mac OS X desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Mac OS X Desktop-Client

.td2/archiv hidden directory duplicates local sharedspace

Postby stevedrz » 05 Nov 2009, 16:07

Hello,

I have a MAC running TeamDrive under Snow Leopard 10.6.1, using my own Webdav server for relaying, etc... My issue is the following: I have a large folder (over 20gigs) of pictures on the MAC, and have noticed the following issue: as I created a new sharedspace, using the Pictures folder as the space to replicate, I notice that my hard drive free space continually decreases down to 0 (I only have about 12 gigs free on the mac).

I did some research, and found that there is a hidden folder in my Users , called .td2 Within it, there is an archiv folder. Any folder that is in the filesystem, seems to also be here, which means duplicate files, even for local shared spaces.

Is there anyway to change this? Is there something I should be doing differently? I did not notice this issue for Windows TeamDrive.

Thanks
stevedrz

Re: .td2/archiv hidden directory duplicates local sharedspace

Postby volkeroboda » 05 Nov 2009, 17:49

Hi
in the moment all data is going into an archive (database). With the next version ( next week) you can adjust the size of the archive form 0 to unlimited.

Best regards

Volker Oboda
volkeroboda
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby stevedrz » 05 Nov 2009, 17:56

Thanks for that info. I also made an error - It appears the windows client does the same thing, with the archiv folder.

Thanks again - and looking forward to the ability to control that duplication issue.
stevedrz

Postby volkeroboda » 15 Nov 2009, 13:20

Hi
The version 2.2 is available. Please make a test.

best regards
Volker
volkeroboda
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to Mac OS X