Connection Rejected

Questions and information regarding the TeamDrive Personal Server - Fragen und Informationen zum TeamDrive Personal Server

Connection Rejected

Postby joe » 08 Apr 2013, 15:21

Hi, I have a Windows 2012 Server Standard x64 with the newest Personal Teamdrive Server. After a Successfull start of the Service, I can't connect from a client (Connection refused).
I tried the following:
- Disable Firewall
- Make Firewall Rule on the Port
- Change Port
- Reinstall

It works, when I use http://localhost on the Client on the Server. With the IP, Hostname or via Portforwarding from outside, it doesn't work. What could be the Problem?

EDIT: It also works on a Windows 7 from the internal Network. But via Portforwarding, it still doesnt work..

Seriously, is it even possible to run this Tool behind a Firewall? Even Google didn't found any Person who had success in installing a Personal Server..

Thx for help
joe

Re: Connection Rejected

Postby Kenneth » 09 Apr 2013, 14:56

The TDPS actually works just fine when run behind a firewall. Whatever errors you are encounter have to do with the way you are configuring your network. If you have a network admin then you should talk to them about setting this up correctly for you and making sure that the router is opening the port so it can be accessed outside the network. I think other users on this forum have setup access to the TDPS from outside of their local network as well so I know it's more than possible.
Kenneth

Return to TeamDrive Personal Server (TDPS)