Help required please

Help required please

Postby FlatEric999 » 18 Oct 2020, 19:04

Hi,
I’m hoping someone can help me.

I started using TeamDrive several years ago to synchronise a particular folder across two laptops and a desktop machine that I use, and it’s worked flawlessly. I am the sole users of these machines i.e. I’m not using TeamDrive to share with other users.

I’ve now got a new desktop and want to be able to share and synchronise the folder on this new machine. I’ve installed TeamDrive on my new machine and logged into the software using the same username and password I’ve used on the other three machines. It recognises the account, but I don’t get any ‘Active Spaces’ on my new computer i.e. the folder I synchronise across the other 3 computers isn’t visible in TeamDrive on the new machine (I thought this would appear automatically once I’d logged on, but clearly not).

It’s so long since I last set-up TeamDrive I’ve forgotten what I did to get my setup working in the first place. I’ve looked at the user manual - it covers how to share 'spaces' between different users but doesn’t seem to address the issue of sharing spaces with the same user on different machines, unless I'm missing something).

Can anyone describe to me what I need to do? I'm sure I'm doing / not doing something really dumb.

All ideas / help gratefully received :)

Cheers
Neil
FlatEric999

Re: Help required please

Postby Kenneth » 19 Oct 2020, 08:34

Click on "inactive Spaces". The Space should be there and you simply need to activate it. If you don't see the Space there go into the settings, click on backup, import keys (from server) and then go back to "inactive Spaces" and the Space should be there. The only way the Space won't be there in both cases is if you disabled the key repository. If both of these methods fail you can import the physical Space key, which you have on your other machines in the Spaces/Backups or just use one of your other installations to invite yourself to the Space.
Kenneth

Re: Help required please

Postby FlatEric999 » 19 Oct 2020, 23:26

Hi Kenneth,
thank you for your reply. Following your advice I've managed to get everthing working - thank you so much for your help :)

Cheers
Neil
FlatEric999

Return to General Info, Support and Knowledge Base - Allegemeine Informationen, Support und Wissensdatenbank