some random files not synchronized

Use this forum to report bugs you find - Benutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Fehler zu melden, die Sie finden

some random files not synchronized

Postby santo » 19 Feb 2009, 10:22

I am currently using Teamdirv v2.0.219
One installation is on a windows 2003 server and another is an a windows Vista Business laptop.
I set up my own webdav server (apache on ubuntu) as the relay server for teamdrive.

On my windows 2003 server I created a server access key for this webdav server and created a sharedspace to which the account of the windows vista laptop was invited.
I accepted the invitation on my vista laptop and started adding files to the sharedspace on the windows 2003 server.

After a while the 2003 server started uploading the files to the webdav server and soon after the laptop started downloading the files from the webdav server.
I let it sync over night as it would take a while (8000+ files, 1GB+ of data)

This morning everything seemed fine, but when I took a closer look I noticed that some files on the vista laptop were just placeholders instead of the real files
(they have a .teamdrive extension)

Any ideas what might be the cause and what can be done about this ?
Is this a bug in the software ?
santo

Re: some random files not synchronized

Postby Patrik.Dusek » 19 Feb 2009, 10:37

Hi Santo,

*.teamdrive files are part of the normal sync process. When youre client gets the meta information
that a new file is created he adds the *.teamdrive file in your file system. After downloading the
blob TD exchanges those files with the original blob. The number right from the green arrow in the
statusbar tells you how many blobs are left for download. Should this number be zero and you still
have some *.teamdrive files something went wrong. In this case please sent your logfiles to
support@teamdrive.net before restarting TeamDrive.

Best regards,
Patrik Dusek
Patrik.Dusek
TeamDrive Team Member

Re: some random files not synchronized

Postby santo » 19 Feb 2009, 11:38

Well, that's what I meant: no downloads remaining and still several .teamdrive files
I'll send my logfiles to support
santo

Return to Bug Reports - Fehler Melden