Exclude List

Use this forum to share your TeamDrive "nice to have" ideas - Nutzen Sie dieses Forum, um Ihre TeamDrive "wäre schön zu haben" Ideen zu teilen

Re: Exclude List

Postby teamdriveuser3 » 17 Dec 2012, 18:23

Kenneth wrote:
teamdriveuser3 wrote:Would it be possible to exclude files from downloading, but still have them uploaded?

I think I remember this was possible with teamdrive 2...

Thanks
Yes. When you join a Space there is an option to download the directory information (metadata) only. Files not be automatically downloaded but you can still upload files to the Space. Files can be downloaded at your leisure. You can only select this option when joining/recovering a Space. If you are currently in a Space where you would like to do this, right-click on the Space and select "Recover Space" you will then be able to select to only download the metadata.

This is also only possible with a professional license.

Thanks this is good. But its not what I need. I'm looking for a solution for temporary backup files (like Sketchup produces) to have them uploded by the creating client, but not downloaded by other clients.

Kenneth wrote:
teamdriveuser3 wrote:Also, is it possible to exclude Files without a dot or without extension?

E.g. a filename like "A0C0D498B" or whatever like MS Excel produces?
It's only possible to filter things that exist. And by 'exist' I mean things with an extension or some sort of line of text. If all the files begin with A0... you should be able to filter files containing those characters in that order.

Unfortunatly those files don't have a pattern afaik? The only pattern I see is they have a length of 8 digits and don't have a filename extension.

paulreddy wrote:I've raised an issue with syncing folders
here (http://forum.teamdrive.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2255).

Hi paul, I didn't get what is meant by "make available offline" in the context of teamdrive. I admit I didn't read the whole thread.
teamdriveuser3

Previous

Return to Nice to Have - Wäre Schön zu Haben