Use of TD ProtableApp on USB with secure part

Questions and information regarding the TeamDrive Portable client - Fragen und Informationen zum TeamDrive Portable-Client

Use of TD ProtableApp on USB with secure part

Postby eifel_wolf » 15 Feb 2011, 21:37

I would like to use TeamDrive on my USB Stick, but this will mean TD will syncronize my files to this stick. So I would like to use a software to secure my USB stick, or a part of it, to be save that nobody will be able to work with my data if the stick gets into wrong hands. For this I searched and found the tool from Rohos, which has the big advantage that it could be used also on computer where no admin rights are availabe. In general this seems to work, but with TeamDrive it wont work. Using teamdrive out of the secure Rohos mini disc only returns an error message that an DLL is no available and TeamDrive needs to be reinstalled.

Has anyone here an idea how to solve this, perhaps with another tool than rohos?
eifel_wolf

Re: Use of TD ProtableApp on USB with secure part

Postby roadrunner_rad » 20 Feb 2011, 10:51

Hi,

I use a truecrypt volume on my USB stick where I store the TD spaces together with the portable TD version. So there is privacy and security. The only disadvantage is, that you need admin rigths for running truecrypt.
roadrunner_rad

Postby gebae » 17 May 2011, 11:32

@eifel_wolf
Try SecurStick (http://www.withopf.com/tools/securstick). It does not require admin rights. I haven't tried it with TeamDrive but I am interested whether is works.
gebae

Postby Detlef Schmuck » 18 May 2011, 14:03

TeamDrive Portable works flawless in a Truecrypt drive. The portable installation stores all TeamDrive related information in the encrypted container (Program Data, Application Data and all files). No hint in the windows file system to TeamDrive will be installed (no DLL or Reg Key) and you can run TeamDrive completely private. To deinstall TeamDrive Portable you can just delete the folder from the system.

- Detlef
Detlef Schmuck
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to TeamDrive Portable (Windows 7+)