Re: Status: Traffic limit reached [Resolved]

Postby TranceVibes » 01 Nov 2016, 06:51

Kenneth wrote:Yes

Thank you for the confirmation.
TranceVibes

Postby Bayron.Gutierrez » 20 Aug 2020, 11:14

Hi TeamDrive Support,

normally, when my users inform me that they get this warning, I simply increase their traffic limit quota a bit to allow uploading/downloading of files amongst all other users. At the end of the month this quota resets, so it is all fine again.

However, today I found that I am not able to increase one of my user's traffic limit quota, the option via admin console is grayed out.
I went ahead and looked through all other users and based on their usage, i lowered their traffic limit quota, in hopes that this would help.
But still that hasnt helped much.

I read through this forum and as I understand, the traffic limit quota is attached to how much Storage is purchased.
But are there any other reasons (maybe technical) as to why we would have this limitation?
I can only think of a few at the moment but just want to make sure thats the case, since I also dont see that documented anywhere.

Thanks,
Bayron.Gutierrez

Postby Kenneth » 19 Oct 2020, 08:43

The size of the traffic limit is linked to the amount of storage the user has but the limit itself can be increased beyond this point. Are you asking how the limit can be reached? Maybe there is a network error on the user's machine and lot of traffic is being created by the client continuously trying to reach the server or upload the same file. This can happen if a user is using a proxy, firewall, etc. or is in a network with something like that (hotel).
Kenneth

Previous

Return to General Info, Support and Knowledge Base - Allegemeine Informationen, Support und Wissensdatenbank