Encrypted File and Directory names on WebDav Server

Questions and information regarding TeamDrive supported WebDAV servers - Fragen und Informationen zu von TeamDrive unterstützten WebDAV-Servern

Encrypted File and Directory names on WebDav Server

Postby socratec-andreas » 12 Jul 2012, 21:04

I am using an internal webdav server, using Apache with standard settings in webdav.conf files. Access and setup with spaces works great. I am notice that all created file and directory names are encrypted on the server and not human readable. Without TeamDrive access, I would be unable to identify these files and directories. Only TeamDrive shows the encrypted file and directory name, that means, if the internet connection is down and I am unable to connect to TeamDrive, I am not able to identify these files and are not able to manually copy or manipulate them as a System Administrator. Is this statement correct ?
socratec-andreas

Re: Encrypted File and Directory names on WebDav Server

Postby Detlef Schmuck » 19 Jul 2012, 18:09

You got it right. TeamDrive uses a WebDAV server only as a store and forward server for encrypted files. There is no access to any files without a TeamDrive Client possible. That is due to the high security design of TeamDrive. You can be sure that no server administrator can look into your files.

- ds
Detlef Schmuck
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to WebDAV Server - WebDAV-Server