MacOS + Excel files

Questions and information regarding the Mac OS X desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Mac OS X Desktop-Client

MacOS + Excel files

Postby funaki » 05 Apr 2011, 16:24

Hi,

Maybe the Excel add-on is not required in the title and it is a general problem with MacOS. However, I noticed that when I open an Excel file and then close it again, it will ask me if I want to save. Now, even if I say "don't save", TeamDrive is going to sync it and show that I have uploaded a new file.
In the apple finder I can see that the file was indeed "last opened" when I last opened it, but it also shows that it was not modified at that time.

Is there a solution for this in sight? This is very annoying as I am creating new versions of the files without actually changing something.

Thanks,
funaki

PS: Also, will there be an iPhone client released some time?
funaki

Re: MacOS + Excel files

Postby funaki » 13 Apr 2011, 17:50

I just downloaded the new release, 2.4, and it's still doing the same, except that it now uses the old date.

For example:
A file is last modified 16:25 by user A.

At 17:00 user B opens the file, closes it again without saving, Teamdrive will show that user B has modified the file at 16:25.

This is not only annoying because it creates a new version, it also produces a lot of conflicts, where there are no.

Are there any plans to address this in the near future?

Regards
funaki

Postby volkeroboda » 04 May 2011, 21:20

Hi,
thank you for your information. What version of Excel are you using? What version of Max OSX are using. We are not able to reproduce the problem.
When possible you can even call the support team.

Best regards

Volker Oboda
volkeroboda
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby funaki » 05 May 2011, 10:40

Dear Volker,

I use:

Office for Mac 2011, Excel version 14.1.0 (110310)

on OS X 10.6.7

I have started to copy Excel sheets to my desktop when I know I just want to take a look at them, just in order to avoid a new upload...

It would be great if this be solved...

Thanks,
Funaki
funaki

Postby Detlef Schmuck » 11 May 2011, 13:15

@ funaki we cannot reproduce the problem which you describe with MS Excel 2011 for Mac 10.6.7.

Opening Microsoft Office 2011 files does not create new versions in our tests. Maybe there is a special configuration option set in your Excel configuration which modifies your document when you open it. We could not find such configuration here in our documents. Maybe we need one of your docs.

I am happy to test this again together with you. Pls send me a PN with your TeamDrive Username or Email and I will invite you into a test space from my mac.

- detlef
Detlef Schmuck
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to Mac OS X