Mac Server

Questions and information regarding the Mac OS X desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Mac OS X Desktop-Client

Mac Server

Postby christophk » 24 May 2011, 15:30

I have installed TeamDrive Personal Server für MacOSX on a Mac Mini with Snow Leopard Server.
When I try to start the server an error message comes up:

No space-db file found in specified repository data path. Please check check your configuration.

I am running the server software under the user account "Administrator". I have read and write permission in the folder.

I can't see where the problem is.

Did someone have this issue before and can help me?

KR
CK
christophk

Re: Mac Server

Postby christophk » 24 May 2011, 15:44

Ok, this one was easy.
I just had to create a file called space-db. I didn't read the log file beforehand.
christophk

Postby Hunter24 » 12 Jan 2012, 14:26

I had been suffering trying to figure out which user/permissions should I use on Mac OS X Server 10.5.8 in order to Dropbox to work correctly. Today after several tests I guess I finally got it. All you have to do is give read/write permission to the user you log in to all folders your Dropbox uses on the Server. I'm not sure if the disk itself must have the same user you log in as the owner etiher. I was too tired for this test. I decided to have the user admin as the owner of all files. You cannot log out from the server. Otherwise Dropbox stops working, but it syncs again as soon as you log in.
Hunter24

Postby Detlef Schmuck » 13 Jan 2012, 15:50

Great. Thanks for your post.

-detlef
Detlef Schmuck
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to Mac OS X