Offline synchronization

Questions and information regarding the Mac OS X desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Mac OS X Desktop-Client

Offline synchronization

Postby basti_egger » 02 Aug 2011, 23:50

I have the following question / problem description:

Teamdrive is not running and I add a file via the 'save as' dialogue of TextEdit in the synchronized directory --> I start Teamdrive and want to synch my directory with the (company server) but the currently created file doesn't show up in the TeamDrive Viewer.

If I do the same while Teamdrive is running, everything works fine. The file shows up in the TD Viewer and gets synched
Is this a bug or is this a wanted behavior?

This is pretty annoying as TD crashes from time to time (I guess rather a Lion issue than a TD issue...) and looses synch this way :(
Another use case would be CPU time saving when on battery --> switching TD off to save battery life

I'm running Lion / Teamdrive 2.4.124 Personal Version

Other question: Is there a mode where TD is running silently and only the menu bar plugin is indicating that its running?

Thanks for your help, Sebastian
basti_egger

Re: Offline synchronization

Postby volkeroboda » 03 Aug 2011, 12:28

Hi
please check if you have switch off the "Scan spaces at startup" in the extended preferences. Please check also that the file is closed. Otherwise it is blocked by the OS. You can scan every space manually. You will find the "scan space" function with a right mouse click onto the space icon.

TeamDrive is running in the back round and in the standby mode the cpu consumption on a Mac Lion is round about 1 %. We would like to get more information about the crashes of TeamDrive on your system. Could you please provide us the log-files and the mac-os crash dump (copy paste to a text file).

We are working on a TeamDrive version witch will have only an menu bar plugin.

Best regards

Volker
volkeroboda
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby basti_egger » 03 Aug 2011, 17:16

Dear Volker!

thanks for your fast response!

In fact I have enabled the 'scan spaces at startup' and have also tried to 'scan space' function but without the desired result.

How I test it: I copy a pdf to the space while TD is running --> get's synchronized immediately
I stop TD, copy a pdf into the folder, start TD and 'scan space' but the file is not recognized as an added file to the folder --> doesn't get synchronized, nor does it show up. If I add now another file it's recognized and synched again.

None of the files it opened in a program, so no OS lock should be applied.

Regarding Ressources: I am not too much worried about TD draining too much of my battery in fact, but it might happen that it either crashes or I disable it unintentionally.
As I reboot my comp not too often I might be running my system for several hours / days without synchronizing the folder which results in a loss of several files from synchronization which I have to synch up manually then.

I will collect any further crash dumps and send it to you (or is there a history in OSX where I can access older crash dumps?).

Thx for your help, S.
basti_egger

Postby volkeroboda » 04 Aug 2011, 10:28

Hi Sebastion

we have tested TeamDrive with Mac 10.7 and we was not able to reproduce your problem. Please send us your log-files. Go to the help menu and than to "Send log-fieles". We will than have a look for the reason of your problem.

Best regards

Volker
volkeroboda
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby seniyajw » 09 Aug 2011, 08:19

Aus diesem Grund ist es nicht kurzfristig möglich, eine Power-PC-Version zu entwickeln. Einmal haben wir unsere Planung abgeschlossen ist, werden wir hier bekannt geben, solange wir einen Power PC-Version anbieten.
seniyajw

Postby volkeroboda » 09 Aug 2011, 23:14

Hi
TeamDrive ist auf dem Mac nur mit Intel Prozessoren verfügbar. Es gibt kein bekanntes Problem mit TeamDrive in Verbindung mit Apple Lion und Intel Prozessoren.

Volkerar.

Gruß
volkeroboda
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby ethanehunt » 11 Oct 2011, 15:27

Highly likely your connection to Yahoo times out. You could try to set a proxy for https access. If you are on windows, set it in IE
ethanehunt

Postby Tommy Sun » 15 May 2012, 15:53

I tried the offline data synch, and it worked all good
Tommy Sun

Return to Mac OS X