One particular file does not sync

Questions and information regarding the Mac OS X desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Mac OS X Desktop-Client

One particular file does not sync

Postby andre-m » 16 Jun 2012, 17:42

Hello everybody,

I have an issue with one particular version of a file that does not sync for days now. Other files sync just fine, though.

First the file did just not sync for 2 days or so and the status bar at the bottom right corner showed one file was still uploading. I tried looking up the file in the space but had not yet discovered where to find its current state. I tried to unpublish the file version which did not resolve the problem.

Now it still showes the white uploading arrow (10 days or so) and the file/version state says "erneutes herunterladen fehlgeschlagen" (redownloading failed) - probably because I unpublished it while the upload taking a few days was still in progress?

The version of the file is not important, it can be deleted. I could save the file elsewhere and delete this ennerving file completely but I guess this would not solve the problem.
Seems to be caused by missing garbage collection in the sync protocol, sort of. The server (TDPS by the way, newest version) and the client (3.0.109) seem to be out of sync and can't resolve the confllict on their own.

Is there a way to just stop the client from trying to sync this file version or reset the sync for the file?

Many thanks for any possible hints or solutions!
André

-- edit --

Current state:

Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-17 um 16.43.24.png
Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-17 um 16.43.24.png (19.94 KiB) Viewed 4857 times

The date at the top does not match the latest file change, i believe (early on 2012-06-13 according to the file system). The sync is stuck at this point. The server had to be restartet in between as it had crashed. The time displayed most likely is the time of the server restart.

(By the way, trouble shooting the server when it does not want to start is quite hard. There is a start-log that gets deleted in most cases before I had a chance to take a look at it. Took me awhile to find out I had to delete the *.pid file. In addition the log is deleted so fast it results in an "path not found"-error with the vbs script as well, i guess. As the log file does not exist anymore, when edit.exe is started to display the file.)
andre-m

Re: One particular file does not sync

Postby volkeroboda » 10 Jul 2012, 19:56

Hi

we fixed the bug in the version 3.0.3.134. Please download the new version from our website.
volkeroboda
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to Mac OS X