Working set full

Questions and information regarding the Mac OS X desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Mac OS X Desktop-Client

Working set full

Postby ulrich » 15 Aug 2013, 12:23

Hallo,

bekomme die Meldung "Working set full, increase size in settings". Ich habe mal in den Einstellungen nachgesehen.
Bei mir sind für den Versions Cache 1.2 GByte und für Aktuelle Cache Größe 2,7 GByte belegt.
Versions Cache bereinigen wirkt nur für kurze Zeit. Was kann ich tuen, damit die Caches nicht
ins unermessliche wachsen. Habe auch schon das Cache Verzeichnis "versionCache" gelöscht. Aber nach einiger
Zeit hat es wieder die alte Größe.
Derzeit ist als Größe 5 GByte eingestellt.

TD Version 3.1.1.399

Ulrich
ulrich

Re: Working set full

Postby Kenneth » 15 Aug 2013, 14:59

We do not recommend deleting anything in the "versionCache" folder. Allow TeamDrive to take care of this folder itself. This is also not an error message, rather, a notification. You can increase the working set size if you like but it is not necessary since the cache will clear itself automatically.

Please update to the latest version of TeamDrive.
Kenneth

Postby konan » 03 Apr 2014, 17:54

I'm new to TeamDrive and I must say I love the fact that it has a portable app, the main reason why I'm using it.

With that being said, regarding... "since the cache will clear itself automatically."

Is there anything I can to to trigger the cache to be cleared? I ask this because a part of my workflow involves "backing up my backup" on a regular basis, and it would be nice to not have to transfer this cache every time, since mine is currently 5 GB.

Is there something I can do to clear this cache without "unsyncing" my files? Any help would be appreciated :D

Konan
konan

Postby Kenneth » 07 Apr 2014, 15:19

You can just reduce the total working set and then increase it again. I have never tried it myself but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Let me know if it works out for you.

But as mentioned, the cache will clear itself automatically to remain below the total working set limit you've set.
Kenneth

Postby konan » 07 Apr 2014, 16:53

That worked, thank you very much. It didn't actually clear it, but reduced it to the size of the working set that I chose ( 500 MB ). Not perfect, but good enough :D

Konan
konan

Return to Mac OS X