Update TD 2.2.147 -> 2.3.115

Questions and information regarding the Linux desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Linux Desktop-Client

Update TD 2.2.147 -> 2.3.115

Postby Eddie » 15 Nov 2010, 18:29

Hi,

i've just updated my Teamdrive Installation from 2.2.147 to 2.3.115. System is Ubuntu 10.10 x64.
After the update, TD didn't start.
I've picked up the solution from here:
http://forum.teamdrive.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1053&p=3199&hilit=pbxt#p3199
So i ran the installer again and TeamDrive starts now.
But all my spaces are gone. If I rename a shared Folder on my harddisk and try to reenter the Space, nothing happens.
Is it normal that I have to reenter the spaces after an update of the TD Client and download all files again? (If this would work)

'Translation in german:
In Kurzform ;)
Update von 2.2.147 auf 2.3.115. Nach dem 1. Start das bekannte DB Problem, siehe Link oben. Installation nochmal durchgeführt, TD läuft.
Aber jetzt sind alle Spaces weg - d.h. die Liste bleibt leer. Wenn ich versuche, einem Space wieder beizutreten (Ordner vorher verschoben), passiert gar nichts.
Ist es normal dass ich nach einem Update alles Spaces neu downloaden muss? (Abgesehen davon dass dies momentan gar nicht geht?)

Eddie
Eddie

Re: Update TD 2.2.147 -> 2.3.115

Postby Tronde » 17 Nov 2010, 09:55

Hi Eddie,

it isn't usual that you have to reenter your Teamdrive Spaces after an update of the client software. Usually you have access to your Spaces like before the update. But after the update from 2.2.147 -> 2.3.110 and now to 2.3.115 I have a similar problem, as you can see in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1121

cheers
Tronde
Tronde

Postby Eddie » 18 Nov 2010, 14:10

Thanks for reply,

I had to delete the hidden .td2-Folder, made a reinstall and downloaded my Spaces again. But that is not a solution to update the software on every client ;)
So I wait now with the update of my other machines.
Eddie

Postby Tronde » 19 Nov 2010, 09:41

Hi Eddie,

for me, I use the recover space function. After that I got access to all my files again.

cheers
Tronde
Tronde

Postby madbonn » 19 Nov 2010, 10:35

The "recover space" is not available because there is no! space...
madbonn

Postby FrankGTL » 16 Dec 2010, 13:08

Hello,

The same problem we have!

Updating from 2.2.144 to 2.3.115/2.3.116 didn't work, the spaces disappear.

Recovering the Spaces didn't work (after renaming the folders nothing happend)!

After that we reinstalled 2.2.144, the spaces (after back-renaming) reappeared!

How can this problem be fixed?

Best regards,
Frank
FrankGTL

Postby svenn » 20 Dec 2010, 13:05

Das Verschwinden der Spaces in der TeamDrive-Oberfläche ist ein Indiz für einen Fehler beim Update der Space-Tabelle der TeamDrive internen Datenbank auf eine TeamDrive 2.3 Version.
Fehlerhafte Updates der Datenbank treten nur sehr selten auf.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sollten Ihre Spaces nach einem Update einer TeamDrive Version kleiner 2.3 nicht mehr angezeigt werden ist es sinnvoll zunächst eine Kopie der internen Datenbank anzulegen.

Mit dem folgenden Verfahren können Sie das Update der Datenbestände nochmals anstossen. Hierzu ist es erforderlich die zuletzt verwendete Versionsnummer zu kennen von welcher aus das Update gestartet wurde.

Beenden Sie zuerst TeamDrive falls dieses ausgeführt wird.
Setzen Sie dann die Versionsnummer in der Text-Datei "LAST_VERSION", welche sich in Ihrem Anwendungsdatenverzeichnis befindet, auf die zuletzt verwendete Versionsnummer vor Durchführung des Updates.
Das Anwendungsdatenverzeichnis befindet sich unter "Windows XP" im Ordner "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\<BenutzerName>\Anwendungsdaten\TeamDrive\" bzw. unter Windows Vista/Windows 7 in "<BenutzerName>\AppData\Roaming\TeamDrive\". Unter Mac OSX/Linux befindet sich das Anwendungsdatenverzeichnis im Verzeichnis ".td2" in Ihrem home-Verzeichnis.
Die Datei kann mit einem beliebigen Text-Editor geöffnet und editiert werden. Beachten Sie beim speichern von Änderungen an dieser Datei, dass diese keine Dateinamenserweiterung besitzt.

z.B. Beim Update von 2.2.147 auf 2.3.116 setzen Sie die Versionsnummer auf 2.2.147 zurück und speichern die Änderungen an der Datei "LAST_VERSION"

Starten Sie dann TeamDrive. Die entsprechenden Update-Schritte sollten nun nochmals durchgeführt werden.

Sollte das Problem weiterhin bestehen, sollten Sie TeamDrive vollständig deinstallieren, neuinstallieren und Ihren Spaces wieder erneut beitreten.
Für die Neuinstallation prüfen Sie bitte ob eventuell eine neuere Version von TeamDrive im Downloadbereich unter http://www.teamdrive.com/de/download.html verfügbar ist.

Beachten Sie hierbei bitte die folgenden Punkte unserer FAQ:

- "Backup! - Welche Dateien muss ich sichern, um immer wieder Zugang zu meinen SharedSpaces zu bekommen?"
- "Was mache ich nach einem Rechner- / Festplattencrash?"

http://www.teamdrive.com/de/faq_technik.html

Windows:
Bei der Deinstallation werden Sie gefragt ob TeamDrive versuchen Soll die Anwendungsdaten bzw. Registrierungsdaten zu löschen. Bestätigen Sie bitte das Löschen der Anwendungsdaten mit "ja" und das Löschen der Registrierungsdaten mit "Nein"

Mac:
Deinstallieren Sie TeamDrive mit Hilfe des "UnInstallers" bzw. Löschen Sie Teamdrive manuell aus dem Programmverzeichnis bei älteren Versionen ohne "UnInstaller"
Installieren Sie dann TeamDrive erneut.

Linux:
Deinstallieren Sie TeamDrive und installieren Sie TeamDrive neu.
Die Anwendugsdaten von TeamDrive bleiben bei einer Deinstallation vollständig im Dateisystem erhalten. Es ist daher erforderlich die Datenbank vor dem ersten Start nach erfolgreicher Neuinstallation manuell zurückzusetzen. Das Anwendungsdatenverzeichnis ".td2" befindet sich in Ihrem home-Verzeichnis. Löschen Sie in diesem bitte das Verzeichnis "mysql" inklusive dessen Inhalts. Starten Sie dann die neu installierte TeamDrive Version. TeamDrive wird dann eine neue Datenbank erzeugen.

Gruß svenn

##################################################

The disappearance of the spaces in the TeamDrive-Gui is an indication of a failure to update the space table TeamDrive internal database to a TeamDrive 2.3 version.
Incorrect database updates occur only very rarely.

If your Spaces does not appear after an update of a TeamDrive version less than 2.3, it is useful first to make a copy of the internal database.
With the following procedure, you can trigger the update of the database again. This requires to know exactly the last version number installed before the update was started.

First shutdown TeamDrive if it is running.
Then reset the version number in the text file "LAST_VERSION", which you can found in the application data directory to the last version number before the update was started.
The application data directory is located in Windows XP in "C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\TeamDrive\" and in Windows Vista/Windows 7 in
"<BenutzerName>\AppData\Roaming\TeamDrive\". On Mac OSX/Linux platform the application data directory is located in a ".td2" directory inside the home directory.
The file can be opened and edited with any text editor. Please Note when saving changed contents of this file that it does not have any file name extension.

For example: If you have updatet from 2.2.147 to 2.3.116 then reset the version number in the file "LAST_VERSION" and save it.

After that start TeamDrive. The necessary update steps should now be re-done.

If the problem persists, you should reinstall TeamDrive after having it completly uninstalled, and rejoin your spaces again.
To reinstall, you might check whether a newer version of TeamDrive is available for download at http://www.teamdrive.com/download.html.

Please attend to the following areas of our FAQ:

- "Backup: Which files do I need to back up to ensure that I can continue to access my Spaces?"
- "What should I do if my computer/hard drive crashes?"

http://www.teamdrive.com/faq_technical.html

Windows:
When you uninstall you will be asked whether TeamDrive should try to delete the application data and registration data.
Please confirm the deletion of application data with "yes" and the deletion of the registration data with "no".

Mac:
Uninstall TeamDrive using the "uninstaller" or delete TeamDrive manually from the "Applications"-directory (older versions without "UnInstaller").
Then install TeamDrive again.

Linux:
Uninstall TeamDrive then reinstall it.

The application data directory used by TeamDrive will remain in the file system after uninstalling TeamDrive. It is therefore necessary to reset the database manually before starting TeamDrive the first time after successful installation. The application data directory ".td2" is located inside your home directory. Please delete the "mysql" directory with all it's content from the ".td2" directory.
Then start TeamDrive, which will create a new database.

BR svenn
svenn

Postby Nattydee » 09 Feb 2011, 17:33

Thank you very much for the detail explanation. It is very useful.
Nattydee

Postby huanongying » 07 Mar 2011, 08:32

Thank you very much !This site is very professional
huanongying

Return to Linux