useability with other window managers - Fluxbox Nutzung ?!

Questions and information regarding the Linux desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Linux Desktop-Client

useability with other window managers - Fluxbox Nutzung ?!

Postby erla » 11 Jun 2009, 17:42

Hey,

GER:
mich würde interessieren was unter GNOME anders ist ( in Bezug auf TeamDrive ) als bei anderen Windowmanagern - z.B. Fluxbox ?!
Unter GNOME arbeitet TeamDrive sehr schön - wenn ich es in der Fluxbox starte gibt es jedoch Fehler...
Woran könnte das liegen ?

So ein Fehler ist z.B., dass ich beim nutzen von 2 Rechnern, die gleichzeitig auf einen gemeinsamen Ordner zugreifen, die Synchronisation nicht richtig funktioniert.
Auch die TeamDrive Installation lief nur unter GNOME korrekt ab.

ENG:
i'm interested in the difference between GNOME and other window managers referring to TeamDrive.
Normally i'm using fluxbox, but TeamDrive doesn't work well with it.

Beside the fact that the installation just works well under GNOME, the normal use of TeamDrive with fluxbox creates errors as well.

E.g.: if i'm using 2 computers for a shared dir in teamdrive, the syncronisation doesn't work correct - if i create a new dir with one of the computers, this dir is just visible for the computer which created it.

best regards,
Erik
erla

Re: useability with other window managers - Fluxbox Nutzung ?!

Postby Claudia Schuster » 12 Jun 2009, 08:48

Hallo Erik,

erla wrote:mich würde interessieren was unter GNOME anders ist ( in Bezug auf TeamDrive ) als bei anderen Windowmanagern - z.B. Fluxbox ?!
Unter GNOME arbeitet TeamDrive sehr schön - wenn ich es in der Fluxbox starte gibt es jedoch Fehler...
Woran könnte das liegen ?

So ein Fehler ist z.B., dass ich beim nutzen von 2 Rechnern, die gleichzeitig auf einen gemeinsamen Ordner zugreifen, die Synchronisation nicht richtig funktioniert.
Auch die TeamDrive Installation lief nur unter GNOME korrekt ab.

Im Prinzip verlangt TeamDrive von dem Windowmanager nur, dass er ein Tray bereitstellt. Wenn zu Programmstart kein Tray gefunden wird, beendet sich TeamDrive wieder.
Wenn die Synchronisation nicht korrekt funktioniert, muss das nicht zwingend was mit dem verwendeten Windowmanager zu tun haben, es könnte z.B. auch mit dem Dateisystem zusammenhängen. Wenn wir einmal die Log-Dateien (zu finden in ~/.td2/logs) von so einem Synchronisationsfehler bekommen könnten (bitte an support@teamdrive.net), untersuchen wir das Problem.

erla wrote:i'm interested in the difference between GNOME and other window managers referring to TeamDrive.
Normally i'm using fluxbox, but TeamDrive doesn't work well with it.

Beside the fact that the installation just works well under GNOME, the normal use of TeamDrive with fluxbox creates errors as well.

E.g.: if i'm using 2 computers for a shared dir in teamdrive, the syncronisation doesn't work correct - if i create a new dir with one of the computers, this dir is just visible for the computer which created it.

best regards,
Erik

The only condition for TeamDrive to work with a Windowmanager is that there is a tray. If there is no Tray TeamDrive does not start. Errors with the Synchronisation can have other reasons than the Windowmanager. It could be the Filesystem for example. Please send your Log-Files (you can find it in ~/.td2/logs) to support@teamdrive.net and we try to find the Problem.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Claudia Schuster
Claudia Schuster
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to Linux