Make space data available on a file share

Share with the community, how you use TeamDrive - Berichten Sie mit eigenen Worten, wie Sie TeamDrive benutzen

Make space data available on a file share

Postby SysOps » 05 Jul 2013, 11:37

Hi Forum

I'm the SysOps for a lot of happy TeamDrive users
We are now starting to take down some of our file shares, and move the data to TeamDrive
So instead of having their files on a share, users will have everything locally, which is great for travelling employees.

My question is for a good method of still providing access to those files on a file share.
The files on the share can then also be accessed by employees who is not a member of the TeamDrive space.
This would be of value to users who have only inregular needs for the files, and where we do not want to sync to their devices

Any proven solutions for that ?
:geek:
SysOps

Re: Make space data available on a file share

Postby Kenneth » 09 Jul 2013, 14:17

If by "file share" you mean a file server, one solution could be to install a TeamDrive client on your "file share" and invite that client to all the Spaces. The data will then, of course, be stored locally and can be accessed locally.

Is this what you are referring to?
Kenneth

Postby Dirk » 04 Jun 2018, 22:57

I think this thread is the closest to my question, hence I am posting it here.

I would like to use Teamdrive as a save way of communication to external clients, i.e. I'd like to store files locally/on Teamdrive and then sent an invitation to clients so the can read and download the files if they want. After a certain time I will remove them. However, is it correct if I say this is only possible when the client downloads the Teamdriveprogram? And if yes will that mean that in my current subscription of a maximum of 5 members this will mean that clients cannot access the file?
Dirk

Postby Kenneth » 05 Jun 2018, 10:29

You can also publish a direct link to files and add an expiration date as well as a password to the link. It is only possible to publish files. Folders and entire Spaces cannot be published. Published files are unencrypted, hence the ability to password protect the link as well as add an expiration date.

If you would like to share an entire Space, the external client needs to download a TeamDrive client. If the external client registers a TeamDrive account using the method described here: https://forum.teamdrive.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2942, no additional costs will incur.
Kenneth

Return to Use Cases - Anwenderberichte