HIDEN FILES

HIDEN FILES

Postby pewo » 26 May 2014, 12:26

I am new in the forum but would need some help.
I have troubles accepting invitations to TeamDrive folders because I get the message "there are hiden files in the folder" and this will not let me chose anything else then deny? what can I do?
Thank you for your feedback, Peter

I bin neu in diesem Formum und bitte um Hilfe.
Wenn ich eine Einladung an einen anderen User sende erscheint beim Eingeladenen die Nachricht "there are hiden files in the folder" und damit kann die Einladung nur abgelehnt werden. Wenn ich in die Dateistruktur nach versteckten Files suche bzw. sichtbar mache, kann ich diese nicht vorfinden!
Kann mir hier eventuell jemand weiterhelfen? Vielen Dank, Peter
pewo

Re: HIDEN FILES

Postby Kenneth » 26 May 2014, 14:18

You just need to exist the existing folder first and then join the invitation. I assume the folders are "empty" which means deleting them won't harm anything. There are, however, hidden files in the folder and TeamDrive won't alter the folder because there are files in it. Just delete the folder and accept the invitation.
Kenneth

Postby pewo » 26 May 2014, 17:33

Thank you very much for your reply, the folders are not empty at all, there are a few hunderd files in it.

Actually I have made an update vom versions 3.0 to 3.2 and the backup didnt work. Therefore I installed 3.2 and thought if a make an invitation from all spaces for the user he had it would be same. Some spaces workes like that but 30% of spaces showed me that there are hiden files and didnt allow the user to join the space.

Any idea?

Thank you, Peter
pewo

Postby Kenneth » 27 May 2014, 14:32

When you update you don't need to uninstall TeamDrive.

TeamDrive uses backup files that allow access to the Space. The actual files in the Space are not the backup files. The backup is stored encrypted on the server.

You can either rename the existing folder or delete it. Since there are files in the existing folder then all you have to do is rename it. During the join process you can have TeamDrive copy/move the files from another location. More information on joining a Space without having to re-download everything from the server can be found here: http://forum.teamdrive.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2562
Kenneth

Return to General Info, Support and Knowledge Base - Allegemeine Informationen, Support und Wissensdatenbank