Automatic importing of new server while installing client

Questions and information regarding the Windows desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Windows Desktop-Client

Automatic importing of new server while installing client

Postby nKognito » 26 Jun 2012, 10:49

For example, I have TDPS.
After installing client I have to change the default server to my personal one. And every user that I invite has to do it too after first launch of client application. Of course I can export server settings and send that file to every person that I invited in additional email, but it's very uncomfortable.
Is there any other way to automate this process?
Thank you
nKognito

Re: Automatic importing of new server while installing clien

Postby Detlef Schmuck » 27 Jun 2012, 09:28

Every TeamDrive Client after its installation is empty and has only the default settings. You can add individual settings, like your own or alternative servers to create your spaces on. This is only necessary when you want to create new spaces. If you or a friend is invited into a Space which is synced via your TeamDrive Personal Server there is no need for that person to configure your server. All that suer needs is to accept the invitation in TeamDrive and from that moment on the TeamDrive Client can connect to your server and you all can work in that Space.
Only if you want to allow your friends to create their own Spaces on your server you need to tell them the server access information (URL, Username, Password). If you have a software distribution tool, like corporate customers typically use, there is a possibility to distribute server access credentials to the clients which you manage with such a tool.

- detlef
Detlef Schmuck
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10