different versions of 1 space

Questions and information regarding the Windows desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Windows Desktop-Client

different versions of 1 space

Postby adriaan » 07 Aug 2012, 16:12

Some of my users seem to have different local versions of one and the same space. The cause is probably a (stupid) user who moved his local space and thereby deleted the whole space. After restoring the Recycle Bin, nobody seems to have the same local copy of the Space anymore... I, as an administrator, have a space of 6,04 GB, while a colleague has 4,5 GB and another one only 467 MB...

I am specially interested in the best way to solve this problem:
-Is it by letting people with the smaller (is this automatically the less complete?!?) space leave the space, delete their local copy and rejoin?
-Is it by restoring the space (what happens???)
-Is it by making a new space and manually make that one the most complete after comparing all the files from my colleagues (lots of work!)

The problem is that I don't really know what the 'right/most complete' space is at the moment. Maybe the smaller spaces contain files that are not on my big space... And I cannot see what files are on the server. Is there any way to do so?

Thanks in advance,

gr Adriaan
adriaan

Re: different versions of 1 space

Postby volkeroboda » 10 Aug 2012, 16:32

Hi,

it would be the best if all user of the space will restore the space. Only one team member should restore the data out of the recycle bin. Only one user should move folders in the space.
If you restore your space, TeamDrive will ask you if you like to make a backup of your local data. After restoring the data you can compare the backup with the result from restoring the data from the server.
Beyond Compare is a good software for that.

Best regards

Volker
volkeroboda
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10