TeamDrive Window doesn't remember display config

Questions and information regarding the Windows desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Windows Desktop-Client

TeamDrive Window doesn't remember display config

Postby c273 » 31 Aug 2012, 13:07

Every time I open the TeamDrive window (V3.0.5 Build 164), the display is your defined default and I have to move the vertical and horizontal splits to where I want them and change the column widths to my preferred values. This is for all 3 windows: Spaces, Member and Activities.

Please would you remember my display configuration between displays (within the same login session and between login sessions) so that I do not have to do this. I would prefer that the vertical and horizontal splits for each window remain independent of each other. I assume this information can be saved in some configuration file in my AppData/Roaming directory, where other TeamDrive3 data is stored, rather than in the Windows Registry as it is per user on a PC rather than system wide.

Your default settings for the display are not mine.

Many thanks for a good product.
c273

Re: TeamDrive Window doesn't remember display config

Postby Kenneth » 03 Sep 2012, 14:30

@ c723

I've tried adjusting the window panes in version 3.0.5 builds 164 and 169 and they both remained the way I adjusted them after restart. Have you tried updating your client to version 3.0.5 Build 169? Could you please try that and see if you problem is solved?

Thanks,

Kenneth
Kenneth

Postby c273 » 03 Sep 2012, 15:02

From TeamDrive application Window: "Help menu ->Check For Updates" says "No updates available" even though, as you say, 3.0.5 Build 169 is (I am using the free space restricted version - i.e. no licence).

I have manually downloaded latest version and installed it. BTW - even though I checked to start TeamDrive after installation, it did not and I had to start it manually (Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit all MS fixes applied).

On starting the application manually from the Start Menu, I set the window size and my preferred column widths and position of the horizontal and vertical pane split (in the Activity window). Did File->Close Window. Right click on System Tray Icon and selected "Open TeamDrive". Windows size, column widths and pane sizes are as before and not as I selected.

BTW - you say "they both remained the way I adjusted them after restart". What do you mean by "after restart"? Restart of PC, logging off/logging back on or just closing the application window and re-opening?
c273

Postby Kenneth » 03 Sep 2012, 15:39

The update is available but we have not yet turned on the update notification within the client.

I tried your method and you are correct. By "restart" I meant closing the application and reopening it.

I did the following: I adjusted the pans randomly > selected the red 'X' > went to the system tray icon, right-clicked and selected 'quit'. I then reopened TD3 and the window panes were how I left them. I then used your method of: File > Close; Right-click on System Tray icon > Open TeamDrive and the panes still remained where I left them.

Thanks for letting me know about the "launch TeamDrive after installation" issue. I will relay this information to our devs.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kenneth

EDIT*** It seems as if TD does not save the changes you make to the window panes until you actually quit the program. After changing the window panes I then moved them back to their default positions, selected File > Close and then went to the tray icon and opened the TeamDrive window and the window panes were reset to the way I had edited them.

Again, I hope this helps.
Kenneth

Postby c273 » 03 Sep 2012, 15:52

Thank you.

I maintain that I should not have to quit the whole application for it to save the current window properties. It should remember these whenever the window is closed and not when the application is closed.
c273

Postby Kenneth » 03 Sep 2012, 15:55

Thank you for pointing this out. I will be sure to pass this information on to our devs.
Kenneth

Return to Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10