TeamDrive3 Crashes: Using Windows Task Scheduler to recover.

Questions and information regarding the Windows desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Windows Desktop-Client

TeamDrive3 Crashes: Using Windows Task Scheduler to recover.

Postby WaterSlide » 23 Oct 2012, 20:42

Problem: Windows Task Scheduler will restart TeamDrive3.exe but it won't do anything or run the GUI. This is especially frustrating when you aren't expecting something so simple to not work.
Solution: The TeamDrive folder and executable need proper permissions for your scheduled task to run it properly.

I bought a Team Drive Professional bundle about 3 weeks ago to be used on many Windows 7 Professional and XP machines. I found some issues with the client crashing on almost all of my clients machines for whatever reason. I'm still unsure of the issue with the program itself, but I hope it is fixed soon as the program fits in great with my organizations. To keep the program running, I would have to schedule it to run from time to time so it would keep up with the data movement.

One would assume a simple Windows scheduled task would start TeamDrive3.exe without any issues. What really happened was the scheduled task would start TeamDrive3.exe, but it would not start the GUI or do anything over the network. This is especially frustrating since I wasn't sure what was causing the issue. I would even use a batch file to stop the process and restart it. The solution is to give the TeamDrive folder and executable security permissions specifically to the user you are assigning to run the scheduled task. The program now pulls up the GUI and runs effectively! Had someone given me this advice 2 weeks ago, I wouldn't have wasted so much time trying a whole list of other options, I'd have simply used the scheduler to keep the program running. If you're out there frustrated with the client crashes, I hope this helps!
WaterSlide

Re: TeamDrive3 Crashes: Using Windows Task Scheduler to reco

Postby Kenneth » 24 Oct 2012, 12:34

Which version of TeamDrive are you using?
Are all of the computers running from separate installations of Windows or do they all share the same image (all the XP machines are from one image and all the Win7 machines are from the same image)?
When TeamDrive crashes does the OS notify you of the crash with some sort of message? If so, what does the message say?
Would you be able to send us the log files from a machine that TeamDrive is crashing on?
Kenneth

Postby WaterSlide » 02 Nov 2012, 22:52

Thank you for your reply,

I've had the same results between my earlier version and the one I'm on now: Version 3.0.7 (build: 204). All of the machines are standalone workstations with unique Windows installations - nothing imaged from file.

Honestly, I still cannot track down an error message. Is it possible that it was an out of memory error? I haven't found any relevant TeamDrive\Windows log of a crash, its like it just turns off by itself (as stupid as that sounds) and needs to be restarted - thus I made this Windows Scheduler post. I was attempting to sync about 100GB out of a 1Mbp/s pipeline and had other various issues which have been worked out - the scheduled restarts seemed to help quite a bit. I need to start a fresh new instance of TeamDrive without the scheduler and allow it to run instead of restarting every 4 hours. I'll also do this on the newest build (223) and see what happens - if I have anymore issues, I'll post them and forward my logs/findings.
WaterSlide

Postby Kenneth » 05 Nov 2012, 14:58

In the meantime, would it be possible for you to send us your TeamDrive log-files? To do so, go to Help > Send Log Files. If TeamDrive crashes a .dmp file is created. Sending the log-files through the TeamDrive client should send the .dmp file as well (if one has been created). When sending the log-files please refer to this thread in the description (copy and paste the link to this thread) so we know it's related to this subject directly.

Thanks!

Kenneth
Kenneth

Postby diablopop » 18 Dec 2012, 08:51

your artice is fine ,thinks!

Postby AustinClarke » 18 Oct 2013, 07:55

I started using the task scheduler, it made task scheduling easy and fast and the best part is “it is working great without any disruption."
AustinClarke

Return to Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10