Cannot get Space back

Questions and information regarding the Windows desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Windows Desktop-Client

Cannot get Space back

Postby toshir0z » 27 Jun 2013, 00:07

So recently my computer got corrupted so I had to reset to factory default and when I re-installed Team Drive My space was gone and I cant find out why... It says the space is tooken up and that I have the Space on the website... But in the client nothing shows up...
toshir0z

Re: Cannot get Space back

Postby Kenneth » 28 Jun 2013, 11:49

Yes, it's normal, and also explained in the manuals and on the website, that when you do a fresh install of TeamDrive your Spaces are not there. To restore access to your Spaces you would either need to import the Space backup file (located in the backups folder inside the Spaces folder) or have someone else who is a member of the Space invite you to the Spaces you were in. Every time you join a Space, a backup file for that Space is created. This backup file is a key that allows you to gain access to that Space via your username.
Kenneth

Postby toshir0z » 28 Jun 2013, 21:32

Well I don't have a backup file or a member in my group, I can see the ID on the TeamDrive website but im not sure if i can do anything with it. Does this mean I have lost my files completely..
toshir0z

Postby Kenneth » 09 Jul 2013, 14:53

If you don't have the backup file to regain access to the Space then yes. The Space is still on the server but you need the key to access it and we do not have the keys. The keys reside with the users.
Kenneth

Return to Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10