Offline/Online going Clients

Questions and information regarding the Windows desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Windows Desktop-Client

Offline/Online going Clients

Postby mbrabetz@hms-ag.com » 14 Aug 2013, 17:39

Hello everybody,

actual I'm facing in my eyes strange behaviour of Teamdrive Client.
Spaces are going offline if I start several requests to TDPS in short period (deleting old file versions from the TDPS for example).
Waiting a while mostly helps to reconnect and sending requests to TDPS. The problem occured even if I'm in same LAN and changed my Teamdrive Personal Server settings to the local IP of TDPS, everything connected with cable.
Something i have found in the tdpsd.txt (i think it's a kind of logfilge)
"CSSocket::writeBlock(CSSocket.cc:202) Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen (10054):followed by my local IP "

Is there an explanation for this behaviour?
Can I do something against this issue? Maybe the maximum-connections counter? Is one connection per user enough?
mbrabetz@hms-ag.com

Re: Offline/Online going Clients

Postby Kenneth » 15 Aug 2013, 15:04

It sounds like the clients are fine but they are sometimes unable to reach your server.

How many clients do you have that are accessing the server? Could you give more details about your internet system. Where are you running your TDPS from? Is it a Linux machine? Do you have write access to the hard drive on the Linux machine? Go you elaborate more on the setup please?

Thanks,

Kenneth
Kenneth

Postby mbrabetz@hms-ag.com » 16 Aug 2013, 10:50

Hi Kenneth,

there are around 10 -15 Clients accessing the server at the time.
It's a virtualized Windows Server 2008r2 Installation. Fully patched.

TeamDrive Personal Server, version 1.0.044 (CSLib 1.0.0(Built Dec 17 2010 11:21:18)
Actual it's published with Standardport.
Maximum-Connections value on 1240

In the moment we encountering the problem that no external user is able to connect. In internal network the server is responding and making his work.
Just recognized the server version is not actual.
Looking for Update possibility
mbrabetz@hms-ag.com

Postby Kenneth » 16 Aug 2013, 13:35

Try updating and let me know how things are afterwards. I believe 1.1.059 is the latest version.
Kenneth

Postby mbrabetz@hms-ag.com » 19 Aug 2013, 13:44

Hi Kenneth,

successfully updated (little difficult by using the how to that is mentioned when setup recognizes the old server version, in my case he told i have deleted 2 spaces and he has problems by decrypting the other one on different client installations). Stopping the service and copying another backup of the datastore back and restarting the service helped out in this case.
After update was sucessful, external clients could reconnect successful and sync again.

Unfortunately we are facing the same problem like mentioned before. Spaces are going to the state server not responding or offline and go online again, even when used in internal network. Only thing that is logged is the cssocket error mentioned on threadstart.
Most errors i can see on a portable version 3.1.0 (i will update this soon), but also on normally installed 3.1.1 versions

Are there possibilities to increase the loglevel?
mbrabetz@hms-ag.com

Postby mbrabetz@hms-ag.com » 19 Aug 2013, 17:44

I have found the problem.
Actually the versions deleting process is generating masses (more than 100) of half open tcp connections. In our case the firewall at the gate is droping this packets because of DOS counters.
So the questions occuring is: How long does it take to delete one version? I would think that when the upload process is completed sucessful, that the client is disconnecting directly and not holding this connection.
Is this behaviour wanted or necessary? Actually i can help myself by increasing this counters or allowing to forward even if there is a raised suspicion for DOS attacks. But I think it would be really nice, to reestablish the higher security standard again.

Greeting Marcel
mbrabetz@hms-ag.com

Return to Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10