Files not downloaded automatically

Questions and information regarding the Windows desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Windows Desktop-Client

Files not downloaded automatically

Postby krism » 31 Oct 2013, 11:23

It seems like files are not downloaded autoatically from the server to the client.

In our company a lot of users cannot find the latest files or new files in their filemanager, but can see them in the TeamDrive client, with a black dot on the file icon. At first I assumed it was a cache limitation, but this was enlarged (in version 3.1.2 I think) and I have set it on all users to unlimited. But still new files are not downloaded automatically (and it seems that even if someone updates a file to a new version, the old version on other clients are deleted, but not replaced with the newer version). So the user does not see the file in the filemanager and needs to go to the TeamDrive client and rightclick on the directory with the missing files (the files with the black dots) and select the option 'Restore Missing Files'.

This way of working is quite confusing for our users, because they expect to have the latest files accessible within their filemanager (and not the TeamDrive client). I cannot find a setting in TeamDrive to automatically update all files in all spaces.

1. Is it possible to automatically download the latest versions of the files to all clients?
2. If so, what setting do I have to change?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
krism

Re: Files not downloaded automatically

Postby Kenneth » 01 Nov 2013, 13:40

Files are automatically updated in a Space and in the local file system.

The black circle overlay can appear for various reasons.

What rights do these users have in the Space? For example, do they have 'read-only' rights in the Space?
Kenneth

Postby krism » 06 Nov 2013, 17:40

Thanks for the response.

All users have Read/Write rights in all Spaces. I am even the administrator of all Spaces and even on my computer the files are not downloaded automatically (ie they are displayed with a black dot).

What other reasons are there for not downloading the file?

Regards, Chris
krism

Postby Kenneth » 07 Nov 2013, 17:26

There was bug we recently discovered that has been fixed in the latest version available on the website. The bug caused files to be uploaded in a broken form to the server and therefore unable to be downloaded by other users. This occurred when files to multiple Spaces were being uploaded simultaneously. This bug has been fixed in the latest version 3.1.2.538. The person who uploaded the broken data will have to re-upload it. An easy way for that is for that person to remove the files out of their Space locally in the file system. TeamDrive will then think the files have been deleted and move them into the trash can within the client and on the server. After they let TeamDrive sync, they can drag the files, via the file system, back into the Space folder. The new files will then be uploaded. Afterwards they can empty the damaged copies from the trash can. Since you are the administrator I'll assume you uploaded the files and thus don't see any black circles in your client. After you do this with the latest version of the client everything will be okay. Be sure that you are using the latest version. Please advise all your colleagues to also update.
Kenneth

Postby krism » 11 Nov 2013, 10:16

Ok, I will try that. But I doubt that it is the solution, because when I download the files with a black dot manually (with 'Restore missing files') I can open the downloaded files perfectly, so I guess they are not corrupted.

Regards, Chris
krism

Postby Kenneth » 11 Nov 2013, 13:33

Okay. The issue I mentioned only applies if the "Restore Missing Files" doesn't work. Otherwise the client is fine. There could be other events preventing the data from being downloaded automatically or maybe your cache is not large enough. Try increasing your cache size.
Kenneth

Postby krism » 19 Nov 2013, 12:30

I have installed the latest version last week and this week I still see files in my Spaces that have not been downloaded (black dot) (by the way I did restore the missing files last week, so these files are new files that are not synced). So this new version does not solve my problem. I have already increased (even before I started this thread) the cache size to 'unlimited' for all users. Any other solution? Is there any other setting related to this?

Regards, Chris
krism

Postby Kenneth » 19 Nov 2013, 16:19

Just send your log files to us via the client and copy and paste this forum link in the description
Kenneth

Return to Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10