Space wiederherstellen/beitreten

Questions and information regarding the Windows desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Windows Desktop-Client

Space wiederherstellen/beitreten

Postby proxymus » 12 Nov 2013, 21:32

Hallo,

ich habe auf meinem 2. PC mit Windows 7 Teamdrive 3 installiert und möchte dort meinen Spaces beitreten. Vom funktionierendem Client habe ich die Einladung an alle Installationen gesendet. Diese sehe ich nun auch auf der neuen Installation von Teamdrive auf dem 2. PC, erhalte aber beim Versuch den entsprechenden Ordner auszuwählen die Meldung:

Der Space Ordner wird bereits verwendet.

Der Button "Space widerherstellen" ist wie alle anderen im Menü Space ausgegraut.

Wie kann ich meinen vorhandenen Spaces beitreten bzw. diese auf dem 2. PC wiederherstellen?

Vielen Dank für eure Unterstützung.

MFG
Proxymus
proxymus

Re: Space wiederherstellen/beitreten

Postby Kenneth » 13 Nov 2013, 16:55

It sounds like the Spaces you are trying to restore are already in the file system. You probably had TeamDrive on this machine before. The Spaces either exist in the database or there are already folders in the Spaces folder with these names. Rename those folders and you should be able to join the Spaces.

If that doesn't work you will need to uninstall TeamDrive and reinstall it. This will remove those entries of the Space from the database. Alternatively, if another user logged in on that machine and joined those Spaces they would need to log in, delete the Spaces via the TeamDrive client (local only) and then log out. Afterwards you would be able to join the Space.

From your error message it sounds like more of the second option. Normally it would say that a Space with that name already exists. Since it's a fresh installation anyway and there are no Spaces in TeamDrive you can just uninstall and re-install. Everything will be fine then.
Kenneth

Re: Space wiederherstellen/beitreten

Postby proxymus » 14 Nov 2013, 09:01

Hey Kenneth,

you are right, I had copied the folder (from a backup) to the second computers disk. After I had removed/renamed them I was able to accept the invitation. My synchronization is working again.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards
proxymus

Return to Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10