Adding Users

Questions and information regarding the Windows desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Windows Desktop-Client

Adding Users

Postby jptheronmd » 19 Nov 2013, 19:16

I know this is a stupid question to many of you, but I have searched the forums and checked the manual several times. I just need to check a few things. I have a small network with confidential patient reports. Two secretaries, a technician and myself need access to a directory containing these files. I have installed TeamDrive on each PC involved. Basically I would edit the documents and save them - I would then like them to update automatically, save to the cloud and have the other members of the team have access to the updated files.

To add users I go onto my PCs TeamDrive software and click add a user and enter the recipients email address. The problem is I am not sure what to do next. What I have done is entered my login information (the same login info) I use on my PC on there PC so that they have access to TeamDrive and then select accept in their TeamDrive. Is this the correct method?

I also have a PC at home which needs to access the TeamDrive server. I simply signed in and there was already an invite? Not sure how that works but I accepted and it seems I have access.

Final question. If I make changes on any of the 4 PCs will the changes reflect automatically on all PCs?

Thank you in advance.
jptheronmd

Re: Adding Users

Postby jptheronmd » 20 Nov 2013, 07:25

Let me explain my question a different way. When a new user logs in must he or she create a free license account to log in?
jptheronmd

Postby Kenneth » 20 Nov 2013, 17:10

If you would like all of the users to use the same user name as you then that method would be okay. If each user should have their own unique username then each user needs to register their own username on that respective machine.

Before you do so, I recommend uninstalling TeamDrive from those PCs because you may run into problems with the Space existing in the database already since you have already joined the Space with a different username. Also, go into the Spaces folder and rename the Space you joined. Add "_backup" to the Space name.

Re install TeamDrive, allow them to register their own username. If you would like to receive an extra 250MB of storage space in our cloud then they should register and use the same e-mail address you used to invite them. Afterwards, if they they don't see the invitation in TeamDrive just invite them again using the correct credentials and they will receive the invitation to the Space.
Kenneth

Postby Johnkon » 11 Mar 2020, 17:49

This method is very useful and complicated at the same time. Why not leave that only a registered person can access in your space.
Johnkon

Return to Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10