TD3: No upload of changed files after system crash

Questions and information regarding the Windows desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Windows Desktop-Client

TD3: No upload of changed files after system crash

Postby LX666 » 18 Jun 2015, 20:34

Hi everybody,

my computer crashed two days ago (made a sudden reboot caused by another software) and now the TeamDrive client does not upload changed files to the space anymore.
Is it possible that the crash left some kind of a lockfile behind - whether in the local filesystem or remote on the space - that prevents TD from syncing?

I use TD 3.3.1 (Build: 1047) on Windows 7 Pro SP1, space is on a GMX WebDAV ("GMX Mediacenter").
Another client was a few minutes ago able to download the files that were changed/uploaded before the crash, so I don't suspect the space or server to be broken.
The space is online and TD tells me that there are 21 uploads queued (blue systray icon with a tiny circled overlay), but no sync/upload happens.

The current logfile shows that the local file system and the space were in sync at the time of the crash, furthermore it shows that now (I changed some files in the meanwhile) there's a difference. However, my knowledge of reading the logfile is limited, so I am not able to spot the reason that prevents TD from uploading files.

Any help is appreciated.. :-)

Thanks,
Alex.
LX666

Re: TD3: No upload of changed files after system crash

Postby Kenneth » 19 Jun 2015, 11:32

The crash may have caused corruption during the upload. If you know what files were being uploaded at the time, try restoring the Space. If you restore the Space, all outstanding uploads will not be processed. During the restore process a backup folder called *Space*_backup will be created. You will find copies of all the original files there and you can copy of the files you made changes to.

To restore the Space, right-click on it and click 'restore/recover Space'.
Kenneth

Re: TD3: No upload of changed files after system crash

Postby LX666 » 19 Jun 2015, 21:36

Thank you for your reply!

I tried restoring the space which worked well, but after throwing some files into the restored space, TD refused to upload changes again.
So my guess is that the remote space was corrupted somehow - I removed the space completely (local and remote), created a new one, put the files back in and now TD is working again.

So it's always a good advice to keep a current backup.. :-)

Thanks again,
Alex.
LX666

Return to Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10