No active spaces after update

Questions and information regarding the Windows desktop client - Fragen und Informationen zum Windows Desktop-Client

No active spaces after update

Postby donuwe » 23 Apr 2018, 15:08

Hello,

I didn't get my spaces back and I didn't get invitations after update to version 4.6.0.

If I install a backup file with my keys I got my spaces as inactive. After activating the spaces <space name>_2 appeared. But the spaces are empty. After leaving the spaces I deleted them. Now by repeating the process I got my spaces with the right name but the label says "Space auf dem Server gelöscht."

With this expeareance I renamed my local copies of files, deinstalled and installed the software again. But the situation didn't change.

Are the data away or is there a process which brings my data back?

Best regards

Don Uwe

donuwe

Re: No active spaces after update

Postby Kenneth » 26 Apr 2018, 10:06

Please update to version 4.6.1.

Starting with 4.6.0 we changed the TeamDrive data directory from "TeamDrive3" to "TeamDrive". In some cases, if a Windows machine has multiple user accounts, the installer may not be able to find the correct "TeamDrive3" folder to rename. With that said, when the client starts and does not find a "TeamDrive" folder, it creates a new one and, for the user, it looks like TeamDrive was freshly installed.

In 4.6.1 we implemented improvements, which allow the client to search other directories for the "TeamDrive3" folder. Please update to 4.6.1 and see if that helps. If that does not help, please open Windows explore, type in the path %APPDATA% and look for the "TeamDrive3" folder. If it is still there, that is the data directory you need. What you need to do from that point on is to quit TeamDrive and rename the "TeamDrive3" folder to "TeamDrive". Afterwards, start TeamDrive and everything will be how it was before the update.

We apologize for any inconveniences.
Kenneth

Return to Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10