Few queries regarding TeamDrive Personal Server

Questions and information regarding the TeamDrive Personal Server - Fragen und Informationen zum TeamDrive Personal Server

Few queries regarding TeamDrive Personal Server

Postby trt987 » 07 Sep 2011, 14:33

Hi,

I have just started to look at the TeamDrive software. I want to install TeamDrive personal server on our own servers. I had a few questions regarding this -

1) Will the free TeamDrive clients have any storage limitations? Basically, if I have TeamDrive personal server installed on our own servers will I need to pay anything to TeamDrive or can the setup be totally free forever?
2) If I have clients and server are installed on our servers how will they get updated?
3) What are the main differences between the enterprise and personal servers?
4) Is there any web client or mobile client in development?

Thanks.
trt987

Re: Few queries regarding TeamDrive Personal Server

Postby volkeroboda » 20 Sep 2011, 09:53

Hi
the free TeamDrive Client has a 2 GB limitation. By inviting friends you can get up to 10 GB free space in the client.
The TeamDrive Personal Server has to be updated by your self. The TeamDrive Client will get notifications that an update is available. You than have to make the update by your self.
The TeamDrive Enterprise server is offering reporting, administration tools for user and space management. The price is much higher.
We are working on TeamDrive Clienst for IOS and Android (IOS Version this year) a Web client will be available next year.

Volker
volkeroboda
TeamDrive Team Member

Re: Few queries regarding TeamDrive Personal Server

Postby PaulANormanNZ » 26 Sep 2011, 02:14

Hi,

I just wanted to clarify that first question that was asked please.

" if I have TeamDrive personal server installed on our own servers will I need to pay anything to TeamDrive or can the setup be totally free forever?"

If using personal servers do you still have a basic 2mb limit on the client software.

Does the same apply if you are using WebDav?

Thank you for clarifying these points,
Paul
PaulANormanNZ

Return to TeamDrive Personal Server (TDPS)