Stopping tdpsd process on Synology (Intel CPU)

Questions and information regarding the TeamDrive Personal Server - Fragen und Informationen zum TeamDrive Personal Server

Stopping tdpsd process on Synology (Intel CPU)

Postby gnphoto » 18 Sep 2011, 19:56

I've installed the Personal Server onto my Synology DS1511+ (Intel CPU). BTW, thanks for the 64-bit build as the 32-bit build was a PIA to get going.

However, in trying to transfer the data repositories from the 32-bit chroot'ed server environment, I've found a few interesting issues around the scripts used to stop and watch the server.

The BusyBox version installed on the DS does not support the options used for the command 'ps' so the above noted scripts fail.

Also, I can't seem to stop the tdpsd process itself with the kill command. The command seems to exit properly, but the process does not stop without rebooting.

Do I need to start the process as a daemon rather than just 'tdpsd -r' ?

Also, how should the process be shutdown when the NAS box is being shutdown? Just kill it with the stop-tdpsd script? Or, can the OS just shutdown without worrying about it?

Thanks,

Grant
Last edited by gnphoto on 19 Sep 2011, 02:29, edited 1 time in total.
gnphoto

Re: Stopping tdpsd process on Synology (Intel CPU)

Postby gnphoto » 19 Sep 2011, 02:24

I found that I CAN stop the process if I signal it with KILLED, e.g., kill -9 'pid' It seems the process is totally locked up and can't even sense the interrupt of a QUIT signal.

The TDPS version 1.0.047 is not very robust it seems. I continue to get Network Errors on the Detail pane, then eventually Host not reachable, despite the continued ability to access the DiskStation via Finder or Time Machine. This is when I can't kill the process.

I've resorted to downloading the latest 32-bit package (version 1.0.045) and going back to that setup, but there is the inconvenience of it not starting automatically at boot, but then again, it appears that the latest Diskstation firmware update (3.2 - 1922) stopped executing the start scripts in /usr/local/etc/rc.d anyway.
gnphoto

Postby EPruehs » 20 Sep 2011, 13:42

Do you have experience to create a stack trace with gdb? This would help us to identify the problem. If you have no experience with dgb I will try to get an instruction for you.

Eckhard
EPruehs
TeamDrive Team Member

Postby gnphoto » 27 Sep 2011, 17:23

I have not used gdb before. Please send instructions and I will try to provide the stack trace to you.
gnphoto

Return to TeamDrive Personal Server (TDPS)