Space Management from TDPS

Questions and information regarding the TeamDrive Personal Server - Fragen und Informationen zum TeamDrive Personal Server

Space Management from TDPS

Postby obs-jmassey » 18 May 2012, 18:11

If you were to remove all clients of a space and had no invitations to be able to join the space, how would you clean this space up?

I understand that the keys live on the client, and that you could not read the files. I just want to delete the old space from the TDPS and not have it show up as used space.

Thanks,

Jason
obs-jmassey

Re: Space Management from TDPS

Postby krischi » 05 Jun 2013, 11:22

*push*

same here. Deletet some spaces locally, no more users no way to join the space.

I want to delete the Space directly in the repofolder to free up spaceusage. Space info shows a false ammount of free space.

I have got 6 Spaces in my client and thus know the space IDs, which should be the same like in my tdps repo folder right?!

I would start deleting all folders with an unknown ID, because these should be unused spaces.

Can someone please confirm that?
krischi

Postby Kenneth » 05 Jun 2013, 13:25

Deleting the Space in TDPS will not solve the problem. That is actually a bad idea. Delete the Spaces through TeamDrive and the server will be able to confirm that the Spaces are deleted. The confirmation messages need to be sent for you client to reflect the proper information.
Kenneth

Postby Kenneth » 05 Jun 2013, 13:26

obs-jmassey wrote:If you were to remove all clients of a space and had no invitations to be able to join the space, how would you clean this space up?

I understand that the keys live on the client, and that you could not read the files. I just want to delete the old space from the TDPS and not have it show up as used space.

Thanks,

Jason
If you can remove them from the Space I would assume that you are also a member of the Space yourself. You would need to restore the Space in your client and then delete the Space from the server via the client.
Kenneth

Return to TeamDrive Personal Server (TDPS)