TD2 to TD3 migration

Questions and information regarding the TeamDrive Personal Server - Fragen und Informationen zum TeamDrive Personal Server

TD2 to TD3 migration

Postby c273 » 24 Jul 2012, 12:22

I am using TD2 and also TDPS on my own server. I do not have any data on your servers or in the cloud.

I have read your FAQ about migration from TD2 to TD3 but it is not clear to me how this would work when the data is on a server running TDPS.

I assume that I install TD3 on all the PCs that currently run TD2. I then select my existing TD2 spaces on one PC using TD3 and they then are kept in sync using TD3 and I can uninstall TD2.

I have a number of questions:
    1. Do I have to do the same on the other PCs running TD2 or are they automatically updated?
    2. Do I have to reset the requirement to keep all my data on my server and never in the cloud or will TD3 work this out when adding the old TD2 spaces?
    3. Do I have to do anything with TDPS on my server or will it understand that these were TD2 spaces?
    4. Will previous versions of files in the TD2 space also be transferred when they become TD3 spaces?

Can you please explain a bit more?
c273

Return to TeamDrive Personal Server (TDPS)