user registration

Questions and information regarding the TeamDrive Personal Server - Fragen und Informationen zum TeamDrive Personal Server

user registration

Postby henkjelt » 05 Sep 2012, 10:38

Hi

I have installed TDPS on my own server, and want to share data and members only via that source.
If I invite people to share, they (1) are invited via your mailaccount and (2) need to create an account via you, although they only see my shares.

A few questions around this issue:
1. do you record the user data or are they stored in my TDPS?
2. if I have a valid license key (at the moment I have a trial license) and my shares are larger than 2GB, do my users need to purchase a separate license key although they do not use the cloud service of TD?

KR

Henk Jelt
henkjelt

Re: user registration

Postby Kenneth » 05 Sep 2012, 11:20

Hi Jenk Helt,

Just to answer your questions:

1. No. We have no knowledge of who you are sharing your data with. Since you are running your own server the data is stored on your server. It isn't connected to our servers.
2. Yes. They need to purchase a separate license for their client to no longer have a data auto-sync limit of 2GB. Once the free client reaches 2GB, users are then required to sync all data manually. http://www.teamdrive.com/feature_list.html
Kenneth

Postby henkjelt » 05 Sep 2012, 12:11

Hi Kenneth

Thanks for the clear reply.

Do you have more information about the enterprise server?

KR

Henk Jelt
henkjelt

Postby Kenneth » 05 Sep 2012, 12:33

It would be better if you sent us an e-mail with your request. That way you could better explain your concept and ideas to us.

Also, would you like more commercial information or more technical information?
Kenneth

Return to TeamDrive Personal Server (TDPS)