Server not fully synchronized

Questions and information regarding the TeamDrive Personal Server - Fragen und Informationen zum TeamDrive Personal Server

Server not fully synchronized

Postby sisao » 13 Dec 2012, 16:54

Hi all,

maybe this was already encountered but many posts here are in German...so worthless imo! :D
Anyway, i have just finalised to deploy a Personal Server on a Debian Squeeze, correctly working over NFS in order to store the repository on a NAS. The comunication seems just fine.
I have started to upload some conent and apparently i have finshed my sync, however, on the server i seem to miss like 400MB of data, compared to the local space on my client. How would you suggest to analyse this scenario? I am not able to inspect all files as it's a huge list of stuff.

To be precise here are the numbers:
Local Space size: 1,5GB
TD OSX Client reported size: 1,3GB
NAS Folder reported size: 800MB

The disk-usage file on the server says 1,3GB.

Any ideas? Thanks!
sisao

Re: Server not fully synchronized

Postby Kenneth » 13 Dec 2012, 18:08

Well, the TeamDrive client compresses the files before it uploads them.

If all of the data is there I would say not to worry. When otherwise, please feel free to post your concerns.
Kenneth

Postby sisao » 14 Dec 2012, 12:09

Right thanks for the heads-up i was actually thinking about a compression thingy, but is it any different when storing on Web-Dav? I have the same exact space on two different folders on the same NAS, one is reached via Web-DAv the other is managed by the Personal Server. The 2 folders have two different sizes!
That would be my only doubt.

Apprently nothing is missing.
sisao

Postby Kenneth » 14 Dec 2012, 12:37

Well, the client compresses the data. Are there more/less versions on one server?
Kenneth

Postby sisao » 14 Dec 2012, 12:41

Not sure i understand.
Two equal spaces, replicated on the client side (they have exactly the same size on the clients side) sent from client to two different servers (Webdav and Personal Server), result into different sizes on the server side.
Anyway, just finally noticed that today, the files number is the same on the server, this might assure me it's only a matter of compression!
thanks.
sisao

Return to TeamDrive Personal Server (TDPS)