Accidentally deleted space, urgently need it back!

Questions and information regarding the TeamDrive Personal Server - Fragen und Informationen zum TeamDrive Personal Server

Accidentally deleted space, urgently need it back!

Postby Faeleth » 07 Apr 2014, 12:16

Hi,
I wanted to simply remove a space from teamdrive but deleted it completely on both teamdrive and my harddrive and the latter was not supposed to happen. I really, really need the folder back and I have no idea how to do it.. Could someone help me??
(I'm not a computer expert.. apparently. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have deleted the space..)

Additional information
mac osx (10.9.2)
TeamDrive 3 (still shows that 21% are used which is exactly the amount the deleted folder had)
backups (on harddrive): unfortunately I was not aware that there are no automatic backups so the last backup is from August 2013 which does not contain the folder I deleted today

Thank you,
Faeleth
Faeleth

Re: Accidentally deleted space, urgently need it back!

Postby Faeleth » 07 Apr 2014, 13:10

I was able to recover the data via timemachine!
Still, I would be interested in whether it would be possible to recover the space from the teamdrive server.
Thank you!
Faeleth

Postby Kenneth » 07 Apr 2014, 15:34

If the Space was deleted from the server it is not possible to recover from the server because it no longer exists on the server. If it was only deleted locally then you can recover it from the server using the backup files located in the folder 'Backups'. This folder can be found in the 'Spaces' folder.
Kenneth

Postby Faeleth » 08 Apr 2014, 16:12

Thank you for your reply, Kenneth!
I'm glad I was able to recover the folder via time machine, because I didn't do the backups. Learnt several lessons here. Do the backups, don't delete spaces and most importantly: thinking before clicking ;)
Faeleth

Postby Kenneth » 09 Apr 2014, 14:15

The backup files are created automatically. Every time you create a Space a backup file is created. These backup files are only keys to your data. The actually data is not there. You need these keys to regain access to your Spaces on the server in a case such as yours. These backup files can also be pulled from the server if you are using the key repository feature. You can read more about the feature in the settings menu under "backup".
Kenneth

Return to TeamDrive Personal Server (TDPS)