Verify no data in the Cloud

Questions and information regarding the TeamDrive Personal Server - Fragen und Informationen zum TeamDrive Personal Server

Verify no data in the Cloud

Postby c273 » 09 Apr 2015, 00:24

I use TDPS on WHS 2011 (based on Windows Server 2008 R2). I do not want any of my files stored on any other server e.g. your servers. I am not saying that your servers are insecure just that I don't want my personal data that is under my control stored on anyone's servers!

During a setup on an account on a new Windows laptop, the default was to use the TeamDrive servers. I quickly changed this to use the TDPS. By doing this, did it remove all files from your servers?

How can I verify that there are no files stored on your servers?

Many thanks for a good product.
c273

Re: Verify no data in the Cloud

Postby Kenneth » 10 Apr 2015, 12:32

No, it didn't. When you create a Space you need to create the Space on the server you wish to have the data hosted.

You need to use the "delete from server" option for the Spaces you have on our server. You also need to create new Spaces, that will be hosted on your server, and upload your data into these Spaces.
Kenneth

Postby c273 » 10 Apr 2015, 19:54

Thank you.

I didn't create a new space, just accessed the old one from a different (Windows) account but it appeared to be set up to look at your servers initially before I changed it.

According the the information from the TeamDrive client, the server is my TDPS and the data is on my server.

How do I verify that there is no data on your servers?
c273

Postby Kenneth » 13 Apr 2015, 10:13

As mentioned before, when creating the Space you need to select which server the Space should be hosted on. Data cannot be simply "switched" to another hosting server after the fact. Everything needs to be re-uploaded to said server.

To check which server a Space is hosted on, check the Space's server url. That can be seen on a Space's info page.
Kenneth

Postby c273 » 14 Apr 2015, 20:41

Thank you.

I found another way to verify my usage of your Cloud.

I logged onto your website and selected Manage->Product. There is a section here called "Cloud Storage" and it shows "0GB from 2GB in use" and no users and no spaces.
c273

Return to TeamDrive Personal Server (TDPS)