admin tools

Questions and information regarding the TeamDrive Personal Server - Fragen und Informationen zum TeamDrive Personal Server

admin tools

Postby MarcinK » 24 Nov 2015, 13:45

Is there any admin tools for example to check which Space is contains most of data?
MarcinK

Re: admin tools

Postby Kenneth » 24 Nov 2015, 14:51

In the form that you describe, no. However, you can see the size of a Space by looking at the Space info screen and selecting "size and files". You can also look at the properties of your Spaces in the local file system to get an idea of which Space could possibly be the largest.
Kenneth

Postby MarcinK » 24 Nov 2015, 15:12

I'm a admin of server which runs TeamDrive (Personal Server). I don't have access to all Spaces in TeamDrive client and I don't want to. Team Drive service is for regular employees in my company. I have TD client for test service only. Is there any comfortable way to admin TD?
MarcinK

Postby Kenneth » 24 Nov 2015, 15:21

Sorry, I was thinking only of the TeamDrive client.

If you have access to the server you can look directly into the folder the Spaces are hosted in. It will be called, by default, "repo1". You can get the properties of those folders to see which one is the largest. The number on those folders within the "repo1" folder are the Space ID numbers. If you would like to see the names of the Spaces you need to enable the setting in the server configuration file to show the names of the Spaces. Otherwise you will just see the Space ID number. However, be advised that people may have the same names for their Spaces, even though the Spaces will ultimately have different ID numbers so it will most likely be less of a hassle to use the Space ID numbers to identify the Spaces.
Kenneth

Postby MarcinK » 24 Nov 2015, 15:28

I have 'data' directory in tdps directory. In 'data' directory I have directories with IDs in names.
If you would like to see the names of the Spaces you need to enable the setting in the server configuration file to show the names of the Spaces.

Where can I see names? If I switch this TD server option it rename all directories with ID names to names of Spaces?? :shock:
MarcinK

Postby MarcinK » 24 Nov 2015, 17:48

How to find name of Space? I have IDs of this Spaces.
MarcinK

Postby MarcinK » 25 Nov 2015, 12:45

Is TDPS process compress data on server? I have directory numbered 640. I think it's SpaceID but I'm not sure. This directory has about 8GB of data and growing when one of TD clients is running. How to track which directory (Space) on client side is that directory 640 on server side?
MarcinK

Postby Kenneth » 25 Nov 2015, 16:56

MarcinK wrote:I have 'data' directory in tdps directory. In 'data' directory I have directories with IDs in names.
If you would like to see the names of the Spaces you need to enable the setting in the server configuration file to show the names of the Spaces.

Where can I see names? If I switch this TD server option it rename all directories with ID names to names of Spaces?? :shock:
No. When this option is selected the Space names are stored in plain text in the 'space-db' file. This information is also displayed when you hover of the check box to enable this option. However, only the Spaces created after this option has been enabled will be displayed in plain text in the 'space-db' file.
Kenneth

Postby Kenneth » 25 Nov 2015, 16:57

MarcinK wrote:How to find name of Space? I have IDs of this Spaces.
If you only have the IDs you need a TeamDrive client to find the Space names (if the showing of the Space names in plain text option was not selected before the Spaces were created).
Kenneth

Postby Kenneth » 25 Nov 2015, 16:59

MarcinK wrote:Is TDPS process compress data on server? I have directory numbered 640. I think it's SpaceID but I'm not sure. This directory has about 8GB of data and growing when one of TD clients is running. How to track which directory (Space) on client side is that directory 640 on server side?

I am not sure what you mean here. The TDPS only hosts the data, nothing more and nothing less. The TeamDrive client encrypts and compresses your data before it uploads it. This encrypted and compressed data is hosted on the TDPS. In the client you can also see the Space ID numbers of Spaces by looking at the Space information window and selecting "server"
Kenneth

Next

Return to TeamDrive Personal Server (TDPS)