No connection with the server.

Questions and information regarding the TeamDrive Personal Server - Fragen und Informationen zum TeamDrive Personal Server

No connection with the server.

Postby Pitmaster » 10 Feb 2016, 00:30

Hi there,
I got an own server. Ubuntu. Installed TeamDrive by this how to: http://forum.teamdrive.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1201
No problem. Now made a passwd and place it in tdsp.config.
Now start up a client. In my tdsp.config there is a number, copy paste into the client and...... "Unknown provider code".

What do I have to do from here? Searched for a code on the website but no luck.

Pit
Pitmaster

Re: No connection with the server.

Postby Pitmaster » 10 Feb 2016, 15:22

Have searched in handbook/pdf, found how to connect to tdps. Need a client that can change settings.
a) Start TeamDrive Client
b) Open „Settings“ and go to „Server Access

But I can't "Open Settings". My clients doesn't have the options "Settings".

Help, am I the only one? Oh, and I tried Windows and Linux as normal user and as administrator/root

Pit
Pitmaster

Postby Kenneth » 11 Feb 2016, 15:46

The provider code is for the registration server. In other words, unless you have a specific registration server you would like to connect your account to, do not enter anything in the provider code section and your account will be registered on our registration server.

If you haven't passed the "provider code" screen then it sounds like you have not created an account yet. Create an account and then add the server to your client.
Kenneth

Postby Pitmaster » 11 Feb 2016, 21:52

But I don't want an account by teamdrive, I want my own private server. That is possible isn't?
Oke, so you say, if I take an account whit the teamdrive server I wil get the possibility to change the serveradres else not?

Pit
Pitmaster

Postby Kenneth » 12 Feb 2016, 14:53

If you do not want an account hosted on TeamDrive's registration servers then you need your own registration server. Otherwise, you need to use either our registration server or the registration server of one of our partners, who also provide TeamDrive services.

The registration server and the host server are different servers. The registration server is simply for registration, invitations, account management, etc. The host server is for hosting your data. Just because you use the TeamDrive registration server does not mean you have to use the TeamDrive host server. You seem to have a TDPS, which means you want to host the data yourself. That's fine. You can do that. But if you want to log into the TeamDrive client you need to create an account with a TeamDrive provider. If you have a specific provider you would like to use, enter their provider code. If not, do not enter anything and your account will be registered on the TeamDrive registration server, as mentioned in my last post.

You account will then receive 2 GB of cloud storage, on our host server, for free. You do not have to use this storage. If you have a preferred host server you would like to use that is compatible with the TeamDrive Client, feel free to use it. As mentioned in my last post, after creating an account you need to add the server to your client. After that, when creating Spaces you need to make sure the Spaces are created on the host server of your choice. You can either set a default server or choose the host server when creating your Space.

Please just take the time to go through the account creation process and add your server to your client. At that point it will make a lot more sense.
Kenneth

Return to TeamDrive Personal Server (TDPS)