Encrypt over HTTPS Help me

Questions and information regarding the TeamDrive Personal Server - Fragen und Informationen zum TeamDrive Personal Server

Encrypt over HTTPS Help me

Postby tdh10 » 17 Dec 2018, 10:26

have a Teamdrive Personal Server set up, which I proxy via Apache. This works fine.

But when analyzing this with Wireshark, I can read all the "metadata", for example HTTP POST, GET, PUT etc. While I cannot see any file content, I guess I can identify which files are accessed, if a file is newly created etc. I think this is a huge problem and I want to encrypt all of this over HTTPs.

Proxying it via a SSL virtual host in Apache did not help: When entering port 443 in the client, I only get a Connection closed.

Is there any way to properly encrypt this, or do I have to resort to a VPN?
tdh10

Re: Encrypt over HTTPS Help me

Postby Kenneth » 07 Jan 2019, 14:17

Currently only HTTP communication is supported. You would need to use a VPN for encrypted communication. Ultimately, using a VPN would be a best, since there are possibilities to decrypt HTTPS communication.

We are curious to know why you find it problematic that it is possible to see which files are accessed, newly created, etc. We are just simply interested in knowing with hopes of learning about users' security/privacy interests.
Kenneth

Return to TeamDrive Personal Server (TDPS)