Nur Lesemodus verfügbar?

Questions and information regarding the Android app - Fragen und Informationen zur Android-Applikation

Re: Nur Lesemodus verfügbar?

Postby Kenneth » 28 Apr 2014, 14:03

I wasn’t able to find Totalcmd-Editor so I wasn’t able to test with that but I tested with TextMaker and it worked for me. As I mentioned in my earlier post you need to press the ‘share’ button and share the file back to TeamDrive. When you select “Save As” you see TeamDrive isn’t on the list. This is a compatibility issue with the app it itself. The app has to allow TeamDrive to be a “save as” option.

The only thing is that you have to name the file correctly when saving it back to TeamDrive, including the file extension and TeamDrive will add it as a new version. This is, however not the case with every app. When the file is being sent in this method TeamDrive receives it as a “brand new file” and you therefore need to name it. It also seems like the “send” function on TextMaker doesn’t always works. Sometimes the options pop up and sometimes they don’t. It seems that the “send as txt” option doesn’t work and I don’t get the option to send the file to TeamDrive. When I choose office 97 format the window comes up.

After you have sent the file to TeamDrive (and the file is still open in TextMaker) go back to TextMaker, edit the file and just hit the save button and the version is automatically sent to TeamDrive via the app. I just tested it and this is how it works with this app. If you go back to TeamDrive and open the file and then just TextMaker the process seems to start over and you need to send the file to TeamDrive again while leaving it open in the background.

I didn’t test with Planmaker but I’m assuming it works the same way.

You need to hit the ‘share’ button in the top right-hand corner ‘share’ > “File” > “Send” > choose a format > “TeamDrive” > select the Space > “Next” > name the file > “Next”

As I mentioned. Different apps behave different with their 'share' function. TDSO has a built in file editor which allows you not to worry about this.
Kenneth

Postby ronfein » 29 Apr 2014, 19:06

Nun ja, man kann tatsächlich die Dateien im Teamdrive-Cache mit den Button "Hinzufügen" oben rechts in der Teamdrive-App aktualisieren. Als funktionierender Workaround ist das technisch möglich. Aber ich glaube kaum, dass dies der angedachte Weg ist, um eine schon in Teamdrive vorhandene Datei zu aktualisieren. Da stellt sich nämlich die Frage, woher der normale Anwender wissen soll, wo Teamdrive die Dateien zwecks Bearbeitung im Dateisystem ablegt.

Fassen wir zusammen: Teamdrive ist nicht in Lage, schon in Teamdrive vorhandene Dateien und aus Teamdrive heraus geänderte Dateien zuverlässig zu aktualisieren. Der Workaround über "Hinzufügen" ist nicht praktikabel. Weiterhin ist der Teamdrive-Support hier im Forum erschreckend miserabel. Wenn man damit potentielle Kunden abschrecken möchte, so gelingt das wirklich erfolgreich. :o
ronfein

Postby Kenneth » 30 Apr 2014, 16:40

As I mentioned. Different apps behave differently with their 'share' function. As we have both seen, this does not happen with every app. Some apps are more compatible with TeamDrive than others. TDSO is designed to alleviate this problem. If there is a compatibility error then the compatibility error should be justly directed at both sides and not just towards TeamDrive.

With that said, I hope you have also contacted Softmaker Office and alerted them to the issue you are having with the cross-compatibility between their software and TeamDrive. As you can see they have directly implemented certain apps into their "save as" function. They should also be able to do the same with TeamDrive.
Kenneth

Postby ronfein » 02 May 2014, 15:24

Danke für die Antwort.
Die von mir getesteten Office-Apps haben alle keine "share"-Funkion. Die Teamdrive-App-Dokumentation ist diesbzgl. mehr als unzureichend. Sie lässt praktisch alle Fragen offen, wenn es nicht funktioniert, wie ich es als Anwender erwarte.

Wie muss sich eine Teamdrive-kompatible App verhalten? Gibt es dazu eine Vorschrift? Ist diese Vorschrift Android-Standard oder hat Teamdrive diese Vorschrift veröffentlicht und an alle möglichen App-Entwickler verteilt, damit es App-Entwicklern überhaupt möglich ist, Teamdrive-kompatible App zu entwickeln?

Was soll ich konkret den Entwicklern von Softmaker Office mitteilen? Es funktioniert nicht. Warum? Wieso? Was ist zu ändern? Wie soll ich das als Anwender wissen? Selbst wenn. Falls sich die Softmaker Office-Entwickler genauso destruktiv verhalten wie Teamdrive hier, verweisen die Softmaker Office-Entwickler einfach auf die in Softmaker Office integrierten Cloud-Anbieter (Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, OneDrive) und teilen den damit nicht geholfenem Anwender mit, doch bitte diese Clouds zu verwenden und sich der Probleme mit Teamdrive wegen, doch bitte an die Teamdrive-Entwicklung zu wenden. Wie hilft das dem Anwender? Ich befürchte, gar nicht.

Zu TDSO: Ich habe hier verschiedene Office-Apps (SoftmakerOffice, OfficeSuitePro, DocsToGo, Quickoffice, SmartOffice2) kurz angetestet. Wovon mir SmartOffice am wenigsten zusagt. Statt TDSO zu verwenden, werde ich eher SoftmakerOffice mit einem anderen Cloud-Anbieter verwenden.

Wie wäre es in Teamdrive einen Schnellzugriff zum Teamdrive-Cache zu realisieren, falls Teamdrive erkennt, dass ein Programm sich Teamdrive-inkompatibel verhält? Dann könnte man sich auch mit dem heutigen Verhalten arrangieren.
ronfein

Postby Kenneth » 05 May 2014, 13:18

Thank you for your answer. I apologize for the behavior you deem as destructive. My only intention here has been to assist with a thread opened some time ago that seemed to have gone unnoticed.

ronfein wrote:Danke für die Antwort.
Die von mir getesteten Office-Apps haben alle keine "share"-Funkion. Die Teamdrive-App-Dokumentation ist diesbzgl. mehr als unzureichend. Sie lässt praktisch alle Fragen offen, wenn es nicht funktioniert, wie ich es als Anwender erwarte.

Wie muss sich eine Teamdrive-kompatible App verhalten? Gibt es dazu eine Vorschrift? Ist diese Vorschrift Android-Standard oder hat Teamdrive diese Vorschrift veröffentlicht und an alle möglichen App-Entwickler verteilt, damit es App-Entwicklern überhaupt möglich ist, Teamdrive-kompatible App zu entwickeln?

Was soll ich konkret den Entwicklern von Softmaker Office mitteilen? Es funktioniert nicht. Warum? Wieso? Was ist zu ändern? Wie soll ich das als Anwender wissen? Selbst wenn. Falls sich die Softmaker Office-Entwickler genauso destruktiv verhalten wie Teamdrive hier, verweisen die Softmaker Office-Entwickler einfach auf die in Softmaker Office integrierten Cloud-Anbieter (Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive, OneDrive) und teilen den damit nicht geholfenem Anwender mit, doch bitte diese Clouds zu verwenden und sich der Probleme mit Teamdrive wegen, doch bitte an die Teamdrive-Entwicklung zu wenden. Wie hilft das dem Anwender? Ich befürchte, gar nicht.

The proposed cloud service providers in the Softmaker Office (Dropxbox, Evernote, Google Drive, One Drive) have web-interfaces. Apps that sync directly to these cloud service providers most likely function in a way similar to this:
- A file is tapped in Dropxbox, Evernote, Google Drive or One Drive
- The file is opened with the preferred app (in this case let's say Softmaker Office)
- The file is edited by the user. She saves the changes.
- The Office document handling app then syncs the changes directly to the web (not directly back to the app)
- The file is probably encrypted (server-side) by the cloud service provider
- The changes, and updated file, are then synced from the web back to the app

The Office document handling app, in this case, sends the file to the web first and not directly back to the app itself. In these apps it may work to use the apps 'share' function. If you are not familiar with the 'share' function on devices it is usually the function used to send a document via e-mail, bluetooth, etc. TeamDrive should also appear in this list. The name tends to be different depending on the application that is why I generally refer to it as the 'share' button.

For security reasons, TeamDrive does not use a web-interface. The data does not leave the device before it is encrypted by TeamDrive. Apps that can save directly back to TeamDrive function, in general, in a way similar to this:
- The file is tapped in TeamDrive
- The file is then opened with the preferred app (in this case let us say, for example, Kingsoft Office, Polaris Office or Olive Office)
- The user edits the file. She saves the changes.
- The Office document handling app then syncs the changes directly back to TeamDrive
- TeamDrive encrypts and compresses the file
- TeamDrive then syncs the new version to the server
- The user goes into the TeamDrive app and the new version is there.

The Office document handling app, in this case, communicates directly with the TeamDrive app. Office document handling apps, ones we have tested, which function in this way save back to TeamDrive with no problem.
Kenneth

Postby ronfein » 05 May 2014, 15:54

Alles schön. Wie bringt uns das bei Lösung des Problems weiter? Was ist notwendig, damit die Teamdrive-App Änderungen erkennt? Wie schon geschrieben, liegt nach Speichern und Beenden von Softmaker Office eine geänderte, gleichnamige Datei im Teamdrive-App-Cache. Warum erkennt das Teamdrive nicht und lädt die Datei nicht hoch? Was müsste in den Softmaker-Office-Apps geändert werden, damit diese zu Teamdrive kompatibel sind?

Weiterhin funktioniert das auch bei anderen Office-Apps nicht unbedingt zuverlässig - bei manchen Dateien funktioniert das Synchronisieren und bei anderen wiederum nicht (evtl. ein Zusammenhang mit der Größe?).
ronfein

Postby Kenneth » 12 May 2014, 13:30

Thank you for your patience and reporting this.I notified the developers about the issue you reported and they are currently looking into it and working on finding a solution.
Kenneth

Postby Kenneth » 27 May 2014, 14:23

This issue has been fixed. I just tested this issue using TextMaker Trial and it works just fine just as you mentioned it should.

I opened the file via TeamDrive and chose "TextMaker Trial"
I changed something and just tapped save. I didn't try "save as", only save and when I went back to TeamDrive the new version was there.

So this will be fixed in the next version released.
Kenneth

Postby ronfein » 05 Jun 2014, 15:06

Danke für die Rückmeldung. Dann freue ich mich schon auf die neue Version. :)
ronfein

Postby ronfein » 24 Jun 2014, 21:21

:?:
Bei der heute veröffentlichten Teamdrive-App Version (3.2.0.802 - Kernel-Version 3.2.0 Build 832) ist der Fehler immer noch vorhanden.
Wann wird die funktionierende Version veröffentlicht?
ronfein

PreviousNext

Return to TeamDrive Android