Can't invite person using Teamdrive on Android

Questions and information regarding the Android app - Fragen und Informationen zur Android-Applikation

Can't invite person using Teamdrive on Android

Postby Mark757 » 14 Jun 2013, 07:40

I am trying to invite someone who installed Teamdrive on a Samsung Galaxy Tab running Android (after I told him this is much better than Dropbox). He received the invitation e-mail telling him to accept the invitation within the application. But no invitation is visible in the app. No settings either. It just says "TeamDrive Spaces" at the top. of the screen and he has the option to create new spaces himself, but no way to accept invitations to spaces created by others. Are we missing something? Thanks a lot! Mark

Edit: This problem seems to affect only the Samsung Galaxy Tab. I installed Teamdrive on my own Galaxy S3 phone, and the interface looks different.
Mark757

Re: Can't invite person using Teamdrive on Android

Postby Kenneth » 18 Jun 2013, 15:58

There should be a tab called "invitations" I use the Tab 2 and everything looks fine for me. Can you friend post a screenshot of how it looks on his tablet?
Kenneth

Postby Mark757 » 21 Jun 2013, 05:16

Thanks for your reply, Kenneth. The device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7.0 inch screen.
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-06-21-09-59-09.png
Screenshot Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Mark757

Postby Kenneth » 21 Jun 2013, 14:25

What about in landscape mode?
Kenneth

Postby Mark757 » 22 Jun 2013, 07:00

Well, that was easy! Apparently he always used his tab in portrait mode and had screen rotation deactivated.

Thanks again for your help!

P.S.: Might be worth changing this in a future update, as the 7 inch device should allow for enough space to accomodate the additional tabs in the same way the smaller Galaxy S3 does.

P.P.S: Thank you Teamdrive for a great privacy-concious alternative to Dropbox!
Mark757

Postby Kenneth » 24 Jun 2013, 12:23

We've been looking for a way to fix this bug. It's more of a device issue though because certain devices seem to experience this for whatever reason. Test the Android app with a Samsung Tab 2, Motorola Tablet and a Galaxy S3. I didn't experience that on my Tab 2 but there was one other case where someone mentioned that but it seems as if it's device related. It's hard for us to tell because we're unable to reproduce it since we're not experiencing that on our test devices.

I'm glad that worked out for you though!
Kenneth

Postby Kenneth » 15 Jan 2014, 15:10

I side note to this issue. This was not a bug but just something new in the newest Android versions. You can also access the other options in portrait mode. If you click "Spaces" (the one next to the TeamDrive logo) you will get the same drop down menu that you see in Landscape mode. At the time of the original post we were unaware that Android had changed this functionality and were therefore unaware of it.
Kenneth

Return to TeamDrive Android