What writing format´s can TD open in android

Questions and information regarding the Android app - Fragen und Informationen zur Android-Applikation

What writing format´s can TD open in android

Postby data » 12 Nov 2015, 14:15

the problem im facing is that when i open up team drive in my smartphone it open´s up , but the areas wan´t open they just keep loading .
On the screen it is seen in a way that i can see the area folder´s , but instead of opening the content of the area´s it just keeps´loading and loading,
you can see it as a circle symbol on the side of the area folder, that just goes round and round and round , never opening the area or it´s content .
so im not ably to get inside the areas or open eny content inside them .
why is this , is my phone too weak to open the content :cry:
Or is the android unably to open an RTV file that is inside the area .
It think that could android be more willing to open some other format´s gif, jpeg open office, or other´s rather then th RTV that i have inside it .
IF i would but some other format inside the area would the android then understand what is inside of them and manage to open the area in that case ?
i hope i make my self understandable .
The TM wont open the area and it´s content , but get´s stuck in the window where it tryes to open the content .
Last edited by data on 19 Nov 2015, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.
data

Re: What writing format´s can TD open in android

Postby Kenneth » 16 Nov 2015, 11:52

Hi data,

Do you have any files that we can test with? I am not sure if Android devices can open .wri files? Do you have another application on your device that can open .wri files?

If you don't mind, could you send us a file to test this with? You can send the file to support@teamdrive.com.

Thank you.
Kenneth

Postby data » 16 Nov 2015, 18:10

When i now looked again the case i realised that theh problem is that it comes not near that file , it+ cant open the safe zone where the files are ???
what would be the bropblem with this, mayby i should re-write this session and name it not managing to open the save zone , where the files are ?
data

Postby Kenneth » 17 Nov 2015, 10:27

I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean. Would you like to access the local location of the file? If you would like to open the file with another application you need to use the "open in.with..." function and open the file in the correct external application.

You can open the file with another application by swiping the file from right-to-left and selecting the arrow pointing towards the right. You will be able to find the open in function there.
Kenneth

Postby data » 19 Nov 2015, 16:01

Kenneth wrote:I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean. Would you like to access the local location of the file? If you would like to open the file with another application you need to use the "open in.with..." function and open the file in the correct external application.

You can open the file with another application by swiping the file from right-to-left and selecting the arrow pointing towards the right. You will be able to find the open in function there.

Hi i edited my FIRST post to answer the question . :arrow:
data

Postby Kenneth » 19 Nov 2015, 16:39

Could you please just copy the answer below my question? That would make it easier to find. Thanks.
Kenneth

Postby data » 01 Dec 2015, 19:13

Kenneth wrote:I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean. Would you like to access the local location of the file? If you would like to open the file with another application you need to use the "open in.with..." function and open the file in the correct external application.

So i try to explain this again, When i open the TM on an samsung phone that runs with android, the TM opens up but it just get´s stuck in the loading .
It try´s to open up the files but, instead of opening them it just keeps loading.. never opening them .
The files i try to open are RTV files that are made with microsoft works´s .
And the files are tiny , just a couple lines of text in them that´s all .
:cry:
The question i like to rise up is that is the android capaple of opening an RTV text file , or are there some other formats´s that
the android is more fillling to open or understand .
And that would work in both IN android and IN TM .
should i mayby chance my text files in to the form of jpg pictures , for example ?
Im sorry that my earlier question was a little unclear , but i hope i now managed to explain my problem more clearer . :?:
data

Postby Kenneth » 02 Dec 2015, 13:58

By "TM" I will assume you mean "TD" as in "TeamDrive".

Unfortunately, I am not well versed as to what specific file types Android operating systems can open. It should, however, be possible to find out if the file type you are trying to open is supported by the Android mobile operating system.

TeamDrive is a file synchronization platform that allows you to sync different file types to different locations and on different operating systems. It may, however, be the case that the TeamDrive application cannot show a preview of all files. Tapping directly on the file will cause the app to attempt to show a preview of the file. It will not try to open the file. You can open the file with an external app by swiping the file from right-to-left, tapping on the arrow pointing to the right and using the "open in..." function. For this to function you need compatible software on your device to open the file.

Whether or not there is an app for Android that opens RTV files is something I can unfortunately not tell you.
Kenneth

Postby data » 02 Jan 2016, 20:20

Hi
Thank you for your answer , it cleared a lot in my understanding of teamdrive and android, and yes the TM meant TD , ups :? .
But the problem im having is that my android does not open the space where the files are, it´s get´s stuck in the " joining spaces " area .
It does not go further from there .
Im curious that why is this .
Does it not go further because
A the phone is too weak and it lacks cache memory .
B the android have difficulties to encrypt the files.
C some other issue....
Im aware that i have made my self maby a little hard understantable , and that my questions have been a little unclear ,
but this is because im not very familiar with teamdrive and have lack understanding it and give the right questions.
But i still liked to know why it get´s stuck in the " joining area " area .
:roll:
data

Postby Kenneth » 05 Jan 2016, 10:49

data wrote:Hi
Thank you for your answer , it cleared a lot in my understanding of teamdrive and android, and yes the TM meant TD , ups :? .
But the problem im having is that my android does not open the space where the files are, it´s get´s stuck in the " joining spaces " area .
It does not go further from there .
Im curious that why is this .
Does it not go further because
A the phone is too weak and it lacks cache memory .
B the android have difficulties to encrypt the files.
C some other issue....
Im aware that i have made my self maby a little hard understantable , and that my questions have been a little unclear ,
but this is because im not very familiar with teamdrive and have lack understanding it and give the right questions.
But i still liked to know why it get´s stuck in the " joining area " area .
:roll:
This is a different issue than the what was mentioned regarding the opening file types. I can only assume here that the subject matter proposed in the original post has been clarified.

Simply put, TeamDrive is a file synchronization application the uses AES 256-bit encryption to end-to-end encrypt your data. Users find other uses for TeamDrive and that is, of course, great. However, TeamDrive is basically a secure file synchronization tool.

Our user's manual will help you tenfold with becoming more familiar with the application and understanding how it works. I recommend you take a scan through, it will help a lot (https://www.teamdrive.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/TeamDrive4-Complete-Manual-EN.pdf).

Back to your current issue. If you have a new support topic I kindly ask that you open another thread in order to keep the thread on topic. This thread could be useful to other forum members as well as support seekers and having multiple topics in a single thread leads to confusion and things becoming unclear. I am unsure as to what is happening with the Space you are trying to join but I can tell you that your suggested "A" and "B" do not apply and I would lean more towards "C". Please use the support function with the app to send the logs. Before you send the log, please describe the problem, in detail. This include naming the Space you are experiencing issues with. A user simply saying "one of my Spaces" can be troublesome, especially when the user has a lot of Spaces.
Kenneth

Next

Return to TeamDrive Android