iPad saving to WebDAV

Questions and information regarding the iOS app - Fragen und Informationen zur iOS-Applikation

iPad saving to WebDAV

Postby bk256 » 14 Jun 2012, 19:47

If I set up a WebDAV server and connect with TeamDrive; I want to save my files to WebDAV server from iWorks app (or any app that supports WebDAV on iPad). How does Teamdrive get involved if I use the iWorks app and use Share and Print and save it to the WebDAV server. This is what I want so that I can be sure it is saved encrypted.

Thank you.
bk256

Re: iPad saving to WebDAV

Postby bk256 » 15 Jun 2012, 15:20

Ok, I did some more "experimenting". Here is what I did:

- Setup WebDAV server on Cloudsafe (free account) and enabled WebDAV
- Installed TeamDrive client on my Mac OS X Lion
- Setup Cloudsafe as a WebDAV server in TeamDrive
- Created sample presentation from KeyNote on Mac and saved to Cloudsafe (via TeamDrive).
- Presentation appears to stored encrypted on Cloudsafe. Yeah! This is what I want.
- Go to my iPad that has TeamDrive client installed.
- Looking at Cloudsafe folder, there is no file.
- I try to open the keynote file on my iPad using Cloudsafe WebDAV location and credentials. no file.

From iPad, I can create a keynote and save and retreive it but it does not appear to save encrypted. I can also retreive the same file back onto my iPad.

Is the iPad/iPhone client suppose to work seemlessly like the Mac/Windows client?
bk256

Re: iPad saving to WebDAV

Postby volkeroboda » 21 Jun 2012, 16:31

TeamDrive is using WebDAV only to transfer and store encrypted data. You need always an TeamDrive client to decrypted the data. It is not possible to add data or to read data directly on the WebDAV server.

The new TeamDrive Version 3.0.24 is now available in the App store. New functions are passcode protection and support of "documents to go". With documents to go you can open, change and store Word, Excel and Powerpoint files.
volkeroboda
TeamDrive Team Member

Return to TeamDrive iOS