How-to: Exclude Files from Sync - von Sync Ausschließen

Practical instruction and advice on how to take advantage of TeamDrive's features - Praktische Anleitung und Ratschläge zur Nutzung der Vorteile von TeamDrive.

Re: How-to: Filtering Files on TeamDrive 3

Postby Kenneth » 16 Sep 2014, 13:37

It could possibly be the slashes you're using.

Try using '/' and not '\'
Kenneth

Postby Redbeard » 17 Sep 2014, 00:52

No luck. I changed the slashes in each file individually and in both files but nothing has changed.

Kenneth wrote:It could possibly be the slashes you're using.

Try using '/' and not '\'
Redbeard

Postby Kenneth » 17 Sep 2014, 14:55

Have you also tried looking in the program data directory? Even though it's a portable installation an empty fs.filter file should be installed in the user shared directory. Just use %programdata% to look for it. If it's there just add your filter settings there.
Kenneth

Postby Redbeard » 18 Sep 2014, 02:51

You were right, both files were there (teamdrive.fsfilter & teamdrive.ini). So, I removed the reference to the .fsfilter file from TeamDrive3PortableSettings.ini and deleted the fsfilter file I had created. I placed the filters in teamdrive.fsfilter and left teamdrive.ini untouched.
I tried both:
Code: Select all
*/Records
*/Records/*

and
Code: Select all
*\Records
*\Records\*

But I can still see the Records subfolder. Should there be anything else in teamdrive.fsfilter besides the filters?
Redbeard

Postby Kenneth » 18 Sep 2014, 15:56

When you edited the filter file what did you use? You should use an application that doesn't add any style to the document and saves the document back in the correct format.
Kenneth

Postby Redbeard » 19 Sep 2014, 01:18

Ok, it seems to be working now. I removed the Records subfolder, restarted TeamDrive and moved the Records folder back. Now it's not showing. I'm curious though: since I'm using the portable version and my filter file is in "C:\ProgramData\TeamDrive3" is it really portable? Or would I need to setup the filter file on each computer I use?

Thanks again for your help
Redbeard

Postby Kenneth » 19 Sep 2014, 12:24

You need to add that filter setting in the computers you use. The filter settings are global for the computer and all TeamDrive clients used on that machine.
Kenneth

Postby marksibly » 20 Jul 2015, 04:11

Hi,

I wasn't able to prevent my .git dir from syncing using this, here is my C:\ProgramData\TeamDrive3\teamdrive.fsfilter file:

[edit]My fault, I hadn't restarted teamdrive[/edit]

It would be really nice to have a .fsfilter 'per space' too, perhaps just in the space dir? Even if you have to restart teamdrive, it'd still be very useful.
marksibly

Previous

Return to How-tos - Kurze Anleitungen