How to downgrade?

How to downgrade?

Postby dirkblasius » 19 May 2015, 23:19

Hello

today I've updated my TeamDrive 3 to Version 4 (Mac Edition). Sure it looks different and somehow modern. But has become somehow awkward and confusing. Therefore I need the Version 3 back very badly! Does anyone have a suggestion how to manage this?

Thank you for your help (if any help is possible).

Cheers,

Dirk
dirkblasius

Re: How to downgrade?

Postby Kenneth » 20 May 2015, 14:42

Uninstall TeamDrive 4 and re-install TeamDrive 3. Afterwards you need to rejoin all of your Spaces.
Kenneth

Postby Kenneth » 20 May 2015, 14:59

Uninstall TeamDrive 4 and re-install TeamDrive 3. Afterwards you need to rejoin all of your Spaces.
Kenneth

Postby SteamDrive » 05 Jun 2015, 21:39

Unfortunately NOT.

Had TD3 installed, Installed TD4.07 on top. Preferred TD3 and wished to go back.

Installed TD3.3.1, did NOT start it.
Shut down TD4, uninstalled TD4, and rebooted.

Started TD3. Error message:
Code: Select all
Fehler beim Datenbankzugriff: Die Datenbank wurde mit der TeamDrive Version 4.0.1213 erzeugt. Ein Update wird benötigt.
OK

=> unable to start TD3 to do anything like rejoining or anything else.

I assume some legacy Program Data needs to be deleted as well.

Windows 7 Pro x64.

Regards,
SteamDrive
SteamDrive

Postby Kenneth » 08 Jun 2015, 12:08

As posted above, please follow this order and not the other way around.

Kenneth wrote:Uninstall TeamDrive 4 and re-install TeamDrive 3. Afterwards you need to rejoin all of your Spaces.

In your current situation you should uninstall TeamDrive 3 or just delete the TeamDrive 3 database and start TeamDrive 3.

TeamDrive 3 and 4 share the same database, since TeamDrive 4 is an update for TeamDrive 3. You can't start TeamDrive 3 with a TeamDrive 4 database, as seen in the error message you posted.
Kenneth

Postby SteamDrive » 26 Jul 2015, 14:23

Kenneth wrote:In your current situation you should uninstall TeamDrive 3 or just delete the TeamDrive 3 database and start TeamDrive 3.

Hi Kenneth, back from vacation and again annoyed with the confusing TD4 set-up (plus: why am I prompted at every start of TD4 for a license or else continue as private user??) I once more attempt a downgrade.

- Uninstall TD4 (including reboot).
- Reinstall TD3.3.1.1047
- just to be sure delete c:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\TeamDrive3
- Startup TD3 and enter login credentials

Result: clean TD3, oblivious of files and spaces. Apparently the presence of spaces and files under c:\Users\USER\Documents\Spaces does not register or trigger anything.

=> Reinvite to existing spaces from a separate installation (Android smartphone, how can one reinvite onseself without a second instance?)
=> Error message: Spaces already in use. Invitations can only be rejected.

=> Solution: Ignore invitations. Close down TD3 again and delete files and directories in c:\Users\USER\Documents\Spaces
=> Restart TD3: Success, Space invitations now offer accept button. After acceptance alls files are downloaded.

A cumbersome process and all files need to be downloaded again. But it did the trick.

Thanks and regards,
SteamDrive
SteamDrive

Postby Kenneth » 28 Jul 2015, 17:23

You actually didn't have to do your last steps. Everything is already explained in the how-to section.

How-to: Join a Space that already exists locally...
http://forum.teamdrive.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2563

How-to: Join/Recover a Space without re-downloading...
http://forum.teamdrive.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2562
Kenneth

Return to General Info, Support and Knowledge Base - Allegemeine Informationen, Support und Wissensdatenbank